Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

Do custom "artistic" or even "funny" lens caps evenexist?

I have been looking online, and I cant seem to find any lens caps with something on them...I dont know I was thinking one day while I was waiting for my cam to come In the mail....how cool would a lens cap with a skull on it would be?

do they even exist?

10-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can only ask - why?
10-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I can only ask - why?
Why? Why, for kewlness, of course. To have a phat cam. To be groovy, dewd. Yeah, someone should start a line of PhatKaps (R) with all sorts of ultra-kewl designs: political-religious-economic-sports symbols/icons, cartoons, tattoo templates, DIY art, GF/BF/baby pics, holograms, etc. If anyone here starts such a product line, don't forget my 10% creator's royalty, eh?
10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #4

Original Poster
I like to make everything I own unique In some way or the other, my clothes, bags, whatever...I figure adding your own look to your cam would not be asking too much.

10-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Does that mean that we get matching lens hoods too?
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #6

Yes they exist, by pentax !
A Ragdoll for Your Camera Lens Cap
10-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #7

Original Poster
thats cool, not what I was looking for but very cool none the less
10-19-2010, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a funny one - it says "Nikon" on it! It goes on my Sigma lens, on my Pentax camera!

10-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #9

Original Poster
lol awesome ...I might have to just buy a flat lens cap and put stickers on it..,..
10-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
I really like this idea!..
I too am the kind of person to personalize almost everything I own to what I see as "me" and to fit my personality.. maybe that's what comes with being an artist.
I want to find a lenscap and more camera stuff that suit me..
maybe we should form a company.. and sure Rio could get 10%..
10-20-2010, 02:50 AM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyjayice Quote
I too am the kind of person to personalize almost everything I own to what I see as "me" and to fit my personality.. maybe that's what comes with being an artist.
I guess the previous owner of my ZX-M camera was an artist. Or maybe a hot-rodder. On the back of the body is a Moon-Eyes sticker. No way would I even try to peel it off. And a Hanimar 135/2.8 I sold a couple weeks ago had a Smiley-Face sticker on the side, from a prior owner.

Hey! I have an excess pile of weird little Japanese stickers of various sorts. I could use them up on all my lenses and caps and hoods and bodies, etc. But it's a different level of personalization than what my dad did, which was merely to engrave his Driver's License number on everything solid he owned, including all the darkroom gear.

PROPHESY: I've predicted this before, I'll do it again. This is real. Spray-on semiconductors exist. Fabric makers are desperately trying to embed semis as LCD's in cloth, which could then dynamically display whatever static or moving pattern the designer or wearer desires. Those same semis WILL be applied to many different materials, including such plastics as are molded into camera and lens bodies.

Want a red camera? Don't paint -- reprogram. Want a plaid camera? A zebra-stripe camera? A camera body that displays your location, your medical-mental status, your fetishes, your infant monitor, your refrigerator contents? They are coming. Maybe five years, maybe ten, but basic black will be obsolete, or at least optional. The camera as chameleon. Yowzah!
10-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Actually I wouldn't mind a lens cap with a peace symbol on it.

10-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Printable sticker sheets are available, however, even ones with pre-cut circles. I suppose combining these with generic flat lens caps should work. A puff from spray can of clear laquer might be good for nice, more durable finish.

Last edited by jolepp; 10-20-2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: hoods -> caps
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Yeah, someone should start a line of PhatKaps (R) with all sorts of ultra-kewl designs: political-religious-economic-sports symbols/icons, cartoons, tattoo templates, DIY art, GF/BF/baby pics, holograms, etc.
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Actually I wouldn't mind a lens cap with a peace symbol on it.
Exactly what I meant! Other more-or-less cynical folks might uses currency $ign$, the anarchist A or communist red star or other ideological logo, military emblems, commercial logos. Anything that conveys a message. Lens caps as micro bumper stickers, ay yi yi.
10-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was thining the same thing as those above...flat generic lens caps (not pinch caps) and either paint them, sticker them...or hell, put epoxy all over them and carve a relief into the surface.

I do think there's an industry here.