Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #76

Original Poster
I cant read Japanese :-(

10-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #77

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ehlacore Quote
I cant read Japanese :-(
Google translate is your friend. If you have a friend that knows japanese, ask him/her to help you when writing or you're in doubt.

Most people will try to help you. There are some that oppose completely at selling to foreigners, though. Ussually they will write that they wont sell to foreigners in big block letters at the top in english, so don't worry too much. In this year i've found two different sellers that did.

All in all, if you're going to be in japan for a while i'd recommend studying some japanese. Most people appreciate the effort when you try speaking to them in their mother tongue, japanese or not.
10-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #78

Original Poster
Yea, rasism is hard here... its one of the things I wont be missing come March.

I have lots of Japanese "friends", who are great friends when we go out and drink but since I got engaged it seems alot of my friends dont hang out during their free time anymore.

Since I work 3 English jobs and all my Japanese friends want to pratice English I rarely get time to work on my Japanese. However I am told its pretty good. I can understand most conversations but contributing is difficult and reading Kanji is impossible for me. Katakana is difficult and Hiragana is ok.

Also, I posted some of my photos in the critque section... please give me input guys! You know how bad I want to improve my photos (as could be seen my my massive questioning threads)

I have a decent lens set up now... I think next month I will try to save for a Tripod, and then the month after that either get a Flash or a Prime lens.