Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #31
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for input! I try to rep everyone. I am more leaning toward DA 35/2.4 for now. Just want to wait for slight price adjustments since it just came out.

I may grab A28 f2.8 too if i find bargain deal on it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
from what it appears, the OP needs something like a DA21 or 24mm lens. believe me, even his cramped apartment won't be a problem when doing people shots. I'm sure the OP can find a cheap 24mm lens like the Kiron/Vivitar 24/2 or 20mm lens like the M20/4.

if not, he can either choose between the DA21 or the slightly cheaper Sigma 10-20. with the Sigma 10-20, he can have the versatility of an ultrawide if he's into it. but the DA21 is enough to do the job for most occasions.
DA21 is just too expensive and wide for me. Kiron 24/2 seems interesting alternative to consider.

Pentaxor, it's funny you mentioned Sigma 10-20 . I am also looking for ultra-wide lenses(for other purposes though) and this is #2 on my choice list. #1 is Tamron 10-24. I know Sigma has very high ratings but Tamron is offering $100 rebate currently and i am trying to justify if Sigma worth extra money.

m42man, the reason i was looking for faster lens is to avoid flash. I just don't like flash unless to fill shadows.

Nick Siebers, Sigma 28 f2.8 doesn't look bad and it's cheap. I am gonna research on it too.