Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Canadian Warranty?

I'm in the US. I have a chance to buy a new DA Limited 70mm f2.4 for a very good price ($425US) but it has a Canadian warranty. I don't think this qualifies for grey market, but do you think I should steer clear and only get one with the US warranty, or is it just a matter of sending it to Canada if it ever needs service? thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice.

10-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

The Canadian warranty is an international warranty, so it depends on if the US distributor will honor the warranty as they are required to.
Or, send it back to Canada for warranty service. Pentax Canada is still doing their own warranty repairs in house, which is a lot better than what you guys are getting with CRIS from what I've been led to believe.

Not that you are likely to need a warranty repair on this particular lens.