Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess everyone who participated on this thread got some dose of radiation.

10-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Of course not! Didn't you read the source? The Journal of Irreproducible Results? Did you actually seriously think that real science would be reported in such a journal?

NaCl(some ppl have no sense of humor)H2O
It is ironic that his screen name is Abstract.
10-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Of course not! Didn't you read the source? The Journal of Irreproducible Results? Did you actually seriously think that real science would be reported in such a journal?

NaCl(some ppl have no sense of humor)H2O
Honestly I didn't really look for a source, was bit tired from reading. I just hear people make dumb analogies like this in daily life and am wowed by them because some of these people actually believe themselves, Kinda like the smoking one I heard the other day that stated that crossing the street presented more danger then smoking so you might as well smoke....Yeah, little bit to different there, one is necessary( I live in a city, everyone does public trans and walks), now if smoking made you immune to getting hit by cars....maybe(In a fantasy world)

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Seriously? Google. Really? You know what else Google may tell you? That Mogdor, lord of the underworld comes to the surface and eats all the first born children of a particular generation that usually coincides with the alignment of Venus with Pluto. Afterwards, he plays with his pet chupacabra, and then watches The Wonder Years on TV Land (depending on if the hotel has cable or DishNetwork).
Wow, I would have put you towards some more reliable links but I did not want to waste time on a subject that had nothing to do with the topic, stop acting like everything on the internet is a fairy tale...anyways, I am not gonna argue about microwave safety here. Guess some countries banned it based on google results also.... K thanks bye.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
define:abstract - Google Search

How so?

Man people sure got up in arms about this topic, guess you guys overreact just as much when it comes to questions about radiation as I do about the subject of radiation dangers...(*Note: Not all of you, some of you have been really helpful, thanks for that)

Last edited by Abstract; 10-26-2010 at 07:36 PM.
10-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Abstract, note the smiley > < used. That denotes humor. You are the only one up in arms because humor parts your hair. Hysterical

Last edited by Blue; 10-26-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: typo, missing "e"
10-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Abstract, not the smiley > < used. That denotes humor. You are the only one up in arms because humor parts your hair. :Hysterical:
Yeah I know, hence the definition of Abstract I just linked, how is that being my name ironic, thats what I asked, never said anything about the smile face... , But thanks for pointing out the obvious...

Also it seems many of you just came in here to act like radiation is no concern at all in our world and to poke fun at concerns I have about radiation, bunch of you are acting like fools, why are you here in this topic if you are not gonna provide information and are just joke around with no backing to what you say...and again this only goes out to a few, some of you guys were really helpful.

Last edited by Abstract; 10-26-2010 at 08:32 PM.
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Abstract Quote
Yeah I know, hence the definition of Abstract I just linked, how is that being my name ironic, thats what I asked, never said anything about the smile face... , But thanks for pointing out the obvious...

Also it seems many of you just came in here to act like radiation is no concern at all in our world and to poke fun at concerns I have about radiation, bunch of you are acting like fools, why are you here in this topic if you are not gonna provide information and are just joke around with no backing to what you say...and again this only goes out to a few, some of you guys were really helpful.
I just thought it ironic that your screen name is Abstract and you didn't catch Salt Water's joke.

Ironic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

For the record, I'm a biologist so I get radiation. However, you get more exposure from natural environmental situations than you would from the thorium on a Takumar. Like I said, we used lantern mantles to test our geiger counters.
10-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #37
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Umm excuse me but what joke was that? I did not see a post by anyone named Salt Water...Also I know what the word Ironic means, if not why would I ask why it was ironic that my name is Abstract, use some common sense. Maybe you should be more clear on the joke you are referring to, use that fancy quote feature if thats easier for you.

Thats great for you, I am not a biologist and honestly I don't have a job where I am exposed to radiation outside of normal daily levels and I also did not study what kinds are bad or good, so I am soooooo sorry that I was curious about the radiation on a lens, how dare me....

10-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
it will turn you into a cyclops. which makes it easier for you to take photos.

Did you hear about the cyclops who lost his contact len ?

Pete
10-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Umm excuse me but what joke was that? I did not see a post by anyone named Salt Water...Also I know what the word Ironic means, if not why would I ask why it was ironic that my name is Abstract, use some common sense. Maybe you should be more clear on the joke you are referring to, use that fancy quote feature if thats easier for you.

Thats great for you, I am not a biologist and honestly I don't have a job where I am exposed to radiation outside of normal daily levels and I also did not study what kinds are bad or good, so I am soooooo sorry that I was curious about the radiation on a lens, how dare me....
I'll refresh your memory. His joke was in post #19 to which you responded in #24 with

QuoteQuote:
This is a ridiculous analogy. Seriously?
10-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #40
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Funny could have sworn I responded to that mistake of mine already...guess you missed that or choose not to read it. Maybe you should go look back? Idk whatever.
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #41
Site Supporter

Funny could have sworn I responded to that mistake of mine already...guess you missed that or choose not to read it. Maybe you should go look back? Idk whatever.

Actually, you brought it up when you responded to my quip:

QuoteQuote:
However, I'll put up my disclaimer for you.

sarcasm
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #42
Inactive Account

Original Poster
So you went on after that because? Thats where it probably should have stopped logically.

You really make little sense, sarcasm or not, not much sense is made by your responses. Meh whatever, have a good day.
10-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #43
Site Supporter

So you went on after that because? Thats where it probably should have stopped logically.

You really make little sense, sarcasm or not, not much sense is made by your responses. Meh whatever, have a good day.
Actually, I didn't go after anything. Now, go write us a 300 word abstract on thorium in lens coatings. Hysterical
10-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #44
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You didn't go after anything...? What is that? Like you didn't run after something? Bad English I suppose? Makes no sense, also its sad to be the only one laughing at your own jokes...

Just saying.
10-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Oh good, does that mean this exchange is over?

It's about time.

Hey, how about them radioactive Takumars, eh?