Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
If neither will pull that off though, I'll buy the 35 for less and save up for the DA 70 .
this would be a better idea.

10-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
What I have and like on the wide side are the Zenitar 16/2.8 (the least cheap); Tokina-made M42 21/3.8 and 24/2.8 and PK 35/2.8; Tamron PK 28/2.5; If I can get my Vivitar-Komine 24/2 fixed or replaced, it might stand in for the 21 and 28. A 35/2 or faster would be nice too, a stand-in for a FF Nifty Fifty.
Great suggestions. In many cases, I am happy with the feel of manual focus.

However I see this "normal" focal length as being my go-to for people - moving, maybe not ideal light, so AF and reasonable speed are important for this purchase. However, I do not feel the need to replace all my lenses with AF, and I will certainly keep my eye out for the Vivitar-Komine .

EDIT: So just to clarify, Pentaxor, is smooth bokeh really only going to be found in the 50mm+ lenses? I've noticed, for example, that my 55mm renders OOF areas MUCH nicer than my 50mm... which I found slightly odd at first since they are so similar in the focal length sense.
10-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Great suggestions. In many cases, I am happy with the feel of manual focus.

However I see this "normal" focal length as being my go-to for people - moving, maybe not ideal light, so AF and reasonable speed are important for this purchase. However, I do not feel the need to replace all my lenses with AF, and I will certainly keep my eye out for the Vivitar-Komine .

EDIT: So just to clarify, Pentaxor, is smooth bokeh really only going to be found in the 50mm+ lenses? I've noticed, for example, that my 55mm renders OOF areas MUCH nicer than my 50mm... which I found slightly odd at first since they are so similar in the focal length sense.
it's also dependent on aperture speed and optical formula aside from focal length. focal length is just one area that influences DOF as far as calculations go. smoothness depends on optical formula as far as corrections are concerned. it just so happened that most if not all 50mm lens display a smooth bokeh. of course, not every 50mm lens is consistently smooth but some are. of course, there are some wide lenses that are exceptions and could do smooth bokeh as well. Sigma 30 and FA31. I find the old K28/2 smooth as well.