Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #16
Pentaxian

it's funny, that shot with the windmill in it would have had purple fringing all over it if that was shot with a canon 50mmm f/1.2L. For some reason the pentax SMCP 50mm f/1.2 has that particular aberration well under control, even on full frame.

10-27-2010, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Aegisphan,

forgot about your pics, #2 (green coach) does it for me, very bodily appearance and like a miniature, too.

I have shamelessly revived the 3D-thread, please contribute something !

Thanks a lot for your remarks, looks like you have gone the only way that is left for Zeiss fanatics .-) I am also eyeing the NEX cameras and I hope one day to have an arsenal of tinkered manual c-mount lenses to make for the nicest small high IQ package outside Leica .)

Good luck with the 21,
Georg
PS: Got a C/Y 28/2 left over, pm me if you are interested
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the offer. But I'm saving for the upcoming Sony 200/2. Overall, I do like Zeiss but it's not because of the name. For instance, I would definitely get the Cron 180/2 over the ApoSonnar 200/2. Leica R, in general, just doesn't have enough punch as Zeiss, except for the new Asph Leica M. My ultimate dream would own a set of Lux M. Too bad, the M9 is too clunky for my taste to sell my Sony stuff. Overall, I'm looking forward to the intro of NEX-9, it would be a killer camera.
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for these shots -- a nice illustration. Besides the factors you mention, I wonder how much this effect has to do with the exact amount and type of aberration correction the designers have implemented. In particular I harbour a theory that lenses that do not completely correct for field curvature are better in this regard, even if they are technically "poorer".

QuoteOriginally posted by aegisphan Quote
It's easier to compare between lenses within your collection to know their own ability to produce the pop effect. I know that my Sony 135STF is really lacking in this.
That makes sense as that lens is specifically designed to do the opposite... create a smooth transition between crisp in-focus and smooth out-of-focus regions.

10-28-2010, 03:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I shot this with my Sony A900. I just hope that this would help out some of you on the fence right now looking to buy this lens. It's simply breathtaking on full frame.

Can you use this lense on Sony A900???????

How did you use it. I wanted A900 and i wanted 50mm F1.2 also. In the end decided on F1.2 and left the idea of sony FF.
10-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This guy can do it.

When I inquired, it was a custom job - around EUR 230 + shipping.
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Indeed David from Leitax custom made the mount for me. I was his first so he charged the regular price.
10-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Indeed David from Leitax custom made the mount for me. I was his first so he charged the regular price.

thanks.

So it means he changed lense mount of 50mm F1.2.

I have two of them so i guess i can play. But only issue is i am in japan, so would it be possible to send it from here and be done with it.

10-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You can indeed send it to him so that he can make the mount and swap it out for you. However, there might be a service fee for that. Remember to order a chip from James Lao as well so that you can have EXIF info, SSS, and focus confirmation. David will glue the chip for you for free.