Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Konica Bayonet Mount Lens fit Pentax?

Could anyone confirm or deny whether Konica bayonet mount fits Pentax properly? Thanks

JB

10-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
It will almost mount up, but, and a big but, it will probably damage the camera body. Also, the distance from flange to film plane on a Konica is shorter than a Pentax so the lens wouldn't focus if you did manage to mount the lens.
10-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Yeah, I concur that it's a no-go.

Pentax is my #1 at this point, but I still have a full Konica setup with a bunch of lenses. It's a shame I can't use them on anything except micro 4/3... and even then, with the crop factor it leaves the wide end pretty much open so I haven't really seriously considered buying.

I think the best hope is that Pentax does a mirrorless APS-C camera and that some company will make an adapter (though if this would happen would be up in the air on its own... no one has made one for the Samsung NX line yet.)
10-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've performed minor surgery on some lenses to mod them to a PK mount, but I sold my very few Konica items because there was just no way to adapt them. One member here DID convert a Vivitar lens from Konica to PK, but Vivitars were made for many mounts and the adjustments weren't that onerous. Modding Konica-native lens bodies would not be easy.

Right now, Konica glass ain't worth much on eBay. This may change as EVILs proliferate. I'm hoping for the sea-change in demand and values so I can sell-off some fine Minolta lenses. Maybe next year...