Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #1

auto chinon 1:1.9 50mm prime lens

just bought this used off ebay for my K110D. however when i screw it on it fits perfectly but the camera doesn't recognize it. any suggestions? i feel like i've tried everything! thank you.

10-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
what do you mean "doesn't recognize it" ?

if it is an old manual lens, the camera has no way of digitally communicating with the lens or vise-versa, however you can still use the lens on the camera... if the camera has a "green" button on it (not the auto program - use M for manual)
you press that button and the camera meters the light and gives you an appropriate shutter speed or an approximate .. .
10-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to go into the Custom menu, and look for "Using Aperture Ring" and set this to "permitted" Then you will be able to use the lens. Set your camera to "M" mode, set your desired aperture on the lens. and then press the AE/L button to stop down the lens, and meter the scene. Then, shoot your photo. Luckily, the K110D meters pretty well with the old manual lenses like this. I have one, and it works well. Once you get used to this procedure, it will become second nature to you.....
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #4

Hey everyone. I'm considering buying the same lens on ebay, but I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to this. I was just wondering how much you think I should spend? And would you say it's a good lens to buy as my first non-standard 18-55 lens?

I'd love to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance!

09-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Flobin Quote
I was just wondering how much you think I should spend?
How much do you have?
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I read that it's not a bad lens. I'd go around US$20, maybe a little more, if I wanted to add it to my 50 other Fifty's. Be aware that has a PK-M mount and isn't 'auto' in the way you might think. You can use it in M mode, with stop-down metering and shooting via the Green button on your camera. It should be a decent tool to learn manual usage. Good luck!
09-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #7

QuoteQuote:
How much do you have?
Well.. none really, haha. But I'd really like to have another lens, it's pretty high up on my wishlist.

QuoteQuote:
I read that it's not a bad lens. I'd go around US$20, maybe a little more, if I wanted to add it to my 50 other Fifty's. Be aware that has a PK-M mount and isn't 'auto' in the way you might think. You can use it in M mode, with stop-down metering and shooting via the Green button on your camera. It should be a decent tool to learn manual usage. Good luck!
Thanks! I saw it for 26 + 4 shipping on ebay, so I guess I will wait this one out!