Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Help: Asahi Tele Takumar 400mm f5.6

Hi, I'm doing some lens research. DP Review and PDML yielded only a few threads. Does anyone know what this lens is worth?

Description: Asahi Opt. Co., Tele Takumar 400mm F1:5.6. Comes with tripod mount. Screwmount lens. 77mm filter size. Built-in sliding lens hood.

The build quality is typical for a Takumar, meaning that it is of solid metal and beautifully finished. It is surprisingly light and compact, however. This lens pre-dates the SMC Takumar 400mm F5.6 (it is not SMC).

Condition: In collector's condition, in other words perhaps a 9/10. It's the cleanest Takumar I have ever seen. Only a couple of very small handling marks on the barrel and the tiniest bit of brassing on the base of the tripod mount. The lens is in superb condition, which is incredible for a lens of this vintage.

Additional accessories: Comes with original push on lens cap and original hard leather/green felt padded carrying case. The carrying case says "Takumar 5.6/400" on the top. Both the lens cap and case are also in outstanding condition.

UPDATE: I bought this lens as part of a small collection of gear from someone switching systems. After thinking about it, I decided not to keep it and it has been sold to another forum member. I also deleted the attached pictures to free up my bandwidth space.

Last edited by tranq78; 09-27-2007 at 07:15 AM. Reason: update status
01-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #2

hi tranq78. I found one in eBay. How much did it cost you? To whom did you sell it? I would like to see the photos taken using this lens
01-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I sent you a PM.