Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Well, everybody pulls this Ltds talk every now and then, but I bet only a minority of Pentax users can actually own one of those.
You would be surprised to find out how many people have a Pentax Limited lens. Frankly, many of them are in reach and a couple of years ago, even more so than now. The only Limited that is really ridiculous price wise is the FA 31mm ltd. Even it costs less than any of those AF Zeiss lenses for the Sony system or the ZK manual focus Zeiss lenses.

10-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
When ever I look at other systems, to me Sony is the one that gets closest to Pentax in terms of image rendering. Love those Zeiss AF glasses. BUT limiteds are still really cool though
people can be unimpressed by anything but i guess each system has some lenses those are very impressive. I wish pentax has 85mm F1.2 lmt on par with canon L. Or pentax has sony 135 STF type lense. I even wish pentax has 24 - 70 F2.8 of sony zeiss quality. But then i world of photography only impressive thing is pentax limiteds , at least in pentax forums. :-D

By the was i have no pentax lmteds , and i do not think i would buy one. Just that i am happy with whatever i have.
10-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
people can be unimpressed by anything but i guess each system has some lenses those are very impressive. I wish pentax has 85mm F1.2 lmt on par with canon L. Or pentax has sony 135 STF type lense. I even wish pentax has 24 - 70 F2.8 of sony zeiss quality. But then i world of photography only impressive thing is pentax limiteds , at least in pentax forums. :-D

By the was i have no pentax lmteds , and i do not think i would buy one. Just that i am happy with whatever i have.
I think if you will look around at PentaxForums, you will find a plethora of other Pentax lenses that are impressive. There are too many to enumerate in a short post. The A 50/1.2 and k 50mm/1.2 for example are quite good and a host of other legacy glass. It just happens that the 8 Limited lenses are in current production. Other current production lenses that are excellent include the DA* series, especially the DA* 200/2.8, 300/4, 60-250/4 and DA* 55/1.4.

Nothing wrong with being happy with a Holga.
10-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
Well, everybody pulls this Ltds talk every now and then, but I bet only a minority of Pentax users can actually own one of those.
keep trying