Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You can take the spring out of the adapter, and use thread lock to keep the adapter on the lens, but then the only thing holding the lens to the camera is friction.
Scratch that then, rather do a switch when going from K to Screw mount then risk it, thanks...

11-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lulerfly Quote
Ah I see, well either or not much of a big deal I would say, this adapter, could I keep it on this lens so that I just put the lens like a regular k mount lens or is that impossible?
Some people have removed the locking spring clip from the adapter and put a bit of mild adhesive on the thread for this kind of thing. Like this the lens will not lock to the body, which might result to a mishap.
11-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lulerfly Quote
Yeah this guy sold me on it actually: A Cheap Telezoom Gets Pro Results | Photography | StylePeterson

Such smooth bokeh effects.It will meter automatically in aperture mode right? On the K20D and K7?

I will go check out the market place also, thats a good idea...
Actually you CAN use AV mode with M42 lenses, you just have to make sure you have the A/M switch on the LENS set to M. Sometimes you will have to use either + or - exposure compensation, but once you get used to it, it is easier than using the green button in M mode.
11-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Actually you CAN use AV mode with M42 lenses, you just have to make sure you have the A/M switch on the LENS set to M. Sometimes you will have to use either + or - exposure compensation, but once you get used to it, it is easier than using the green button in M mode.
Wow thats it? Once I set the exposure compensation I am set to go though right?

Yeah I dont think I am gonna go nuts, just gonna switch normally with the adapter for screwmounts, just a random thought I had...

11-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #20

Original Poster
I think I might have gotten a bad lens, what is this?

Imageshack - lens1of1.jpg - Thats right under the glass, I noticed it right after cleaning it off with a tiny dab of water, there was a speck of something I needed to get off, dont think this was a result of my actions though...

and this:

Imageshack - lens21of1.jpg - which is much further back, its really small and almost looks crystal like or maybe dust like, I am hoping its not fungus.
11-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
Veteran Member

#1, unfortunately, looks like fungus.
11-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree, by what can be seen, looks like fungus.
11-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #23

Original Poster
Yeah my mom kinda said that to...has a green tint to its which kinda gives it away even more, gonna have to send this guy a message with these pictures, I am not paying return shipping for sure though...Man I have bad luck with this ebay thing, bought 4 used lens on here so far, had to return 2 of them so far because of problems...oh well, maybe better luck next time.

So its definitely fungus? I'm about to hit the send button on my message to him... :-/

Last edited by Lulerfly; 11-06-2010 at 12:21 PM.
11-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Well, I'm no expert, having luckily seen it in photos only, but it sure looks like those photos. Whatever it is, it has no business being on the inside of the front element of a lens that was sold in ok condition, so contacting the seller with the front element photo would seem to be in order. You might want to wait for a bit for further opinions though.
11-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #25

Original Poster
Yeah sent a message, This is what I put:

Hello I received the lens today and to my dismay its not clear glass as you stated, it has a large chunk of Fungus on the inside of the lens and also a speck of some sort of dust in the middle. Its a shame because the lens beside this is very beautiful, I tried calling around and it would cost me double to clean the fungus out of it, I would like a full refund including shipping on behalf that the description was wrong on the item. I realize you say buyer pays return shipping but this is not a situation where its not my fault and I am not just returning it because I don't like it.

Here is the fungus on the lens:

ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - lens1of1.jpg

and this is the speck towards the middle of the lens, can be seen well in sun light wide open.

ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - lens21of1.jpg

Wish me luck....