Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Fast Glass article

Dante Stella

I thought it was pretty interesting.

09-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It was interesting but a bit dated. And not completely accurate. I have both the FA 50 F1.4 and the SMC 50 F1.2, and I can say that there have been times when the 1.2 allowed me to get a shot the F1.4 would have missed. However I'm shooting with a DS, so I don't know if SR would make a difference. I also have a couple of uncoated lenses and both flare and CA are much more of a problem with them. But he is correct in saying that coatings reduce the amount of light. Yet even the REAL Pros (and I talking professional film cinematographers) use coated lenses. If there was not some major amelorating reasons for coated lenses, films would be shot with non coated lenses, but they aren't.

NaCl(but something to think about all the same)H2O

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens