Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Russian Lens Purchase

I'm looking to buy some old Russian lenses, which only seem available from Russian/Ukrainian dealers through e-bay. Can anyone recommend a reliable dealer? I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has been down this road before. Thanks in advance.

11-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

petersburg_deals I've dealt with a few times with happy transactions. There's also a US based seller of Russian lenses, Fedka, see what they are carrying of interest. Steer clear of Grizzlybear, while the prices are competitive the descriptions of the goods are not always shall we say accurate.
11-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #3

Some friends of mine have had good experiences with alex photo goods.

QuoteOriginally posted by xjjohnno Quote
Steer clear of Grizzlybear, while the prices are competitive the descriptions of the goods are not always shall we say accurate.
I had been looking at some of this guy's items. His feedback is quite impressive, but now I learn of this. Interesting.
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #4

Any Hitches with Shipping?

If you buy one of the Russian lenses from the Ukraine or Petersburg, is the package delivered just as if sent in the US, or is there extra paperwork involved?

01-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

At one time a couple years ago, I felt like I was supporting the entire FSU (Former Soviet Union) economy, I had so many lenses and bodies being mailed to California from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, etc. Extra paperwork? Nyet. Customs duties? Nyet. I just paypal'd my money, and a package would arrive a few weeks later.