Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
SMC A 1.2 question.........

There is a 1.2 A for sale on Ebay that is missing the shutter actuator shield
either by design or removal. Anyone ever heard of this before? Will it affect normal use?

Curious.........

09-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by John Kovarik Quote
There is a 1.2 A for sale on Ebay that is missing the shutter actuator shield
either by design or removal. Anyone ever heard of this before? Will it affect normal use?

Curious.........
John, I guess this lens was owned by a Canon full frame DSLR user. In order to clear the way for the big mirror of these cameras, K lenses need to have the diaphragm actuator lever removed and the diaphragm actuator protector filed down. I own a Canon 1DS that I use with all kind of lenses with adapters. I even own an adapter for K mount lenses but I will never butcher a Pentax K lens to make it fit on my Canon.

If the actuator lever has been replaced on the lens you are watching on eBay, the diaphragm should be functional but the lever will have no protection against shocks.

Cheers!
09-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think the shield is removed to fit on Sigma SLR's as well. I have an A 28mm 2.8 that has had the shield removed. The lens functions normally.
09-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
A 1.2 Q

Thanks folks, I suspected as much. For charity's sake I will assume the butcher
couldn't find an adaptor and his life was dependent on using it.