Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax 77mm Availability

I recall seeing some discussion and speculation regarding Pentax halting production of the FA Limiteds, including the 77mm. I have since lost track of the discussion, but have noticed both Adorama and B&H are out of stock.

Any updates on this topic?

11-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread should be moved to the lens section.

No, there are currently no plans of discontinuation, and it's just a temporary out of stock.
11-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.

yes - I did debate lens section versus news and rumor for the post - I guess I made the wrong choice!
11-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

YUP!

moving

11-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Those big stores seem to be out of stock of a lot of pentax stuff, but if you sign up for their email notifications, you will notice that they actually receive them very regularly... just not very many at a time, so they disappear quickly too (thanks to the interwebs).
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I just picked up with this from Abes of Maine showroom in Edison. I tried to get this lens from Adorama yesterday, but they sold out it in the afternoon. According to Adorama salesman, they will get the next shipment by November 27.

To my surprise, the lens I picked up from Abes of Maine is "Made in Japan". Though I am not concerned where the lens is made (Japan or Vietnam), I am suprised to see that MIJ lenses are available.

-iunknown
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just bought this lens about a week ago at a local store outside Washington DC. It was also a Made-In-Japan version (as with the last poster, I was not really concerned about where it was produced.) Now, I did pay more than I would have had I bought it online... so perhaps that is why it was in stock. Sort of the modern question: pay more and support local or buy online for cheaper.

Don't get me wrong... I have bought online from Adorama and B&H and don't mind doing so. But it was nice to be able to go into a store and look at the lens before I bought it (I guess those in the NYC area have the best of both worlds.)

Anyways, I really love the lens (went through the big DA 70mm vs FA 77mm debate) and as time goes on I won't be thinking back about the money I spent on it and will be enjoying the photos for a long time.

11-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the insights! I have the FA 31mm and like it very much. The 77mm is on my list for next year, but if it looked like it was going away, I would buy it now!

I suppose I could pretend it is going away ....