Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Tamron 300mm 2.8

I don't know if this is the right section for this one, if not will the mods please move to which ever section applies.
The other half and I went to a screening day for tomorrows auction with these folks;
Special Auction Services: Toy Auctions,Jewellery Auctions,Train Auctions,Collectables Auctions

This is one that I'm not going for so I thought I would pass it on the the forum.
Tamron adaptall 300mm f2.8 (107B). Since this is an auction room and today was the third screening day, I can only describe all the equipment that I looked at today as dirty. Too many fingerprints over absolutely everything. The lens in question was in what I would describe as well used condition. Everything except the manual was there and everything seemed to work with no problem. The carry case was showing signs of age and the lens desperately needs a very good clean, but overall I would say in good shape.
As a side note, there were three old guys trying to talk each other up on how it was going home with them tomorrow. I don't know if they were just talking crap or they were serious, but the other half had the conclusion that they were expecting it to go some where in the region of 400 to 600 pounds. Who knows?
I won't post the lot numbers here, but I saw 4 lots with lenses that I think need to be repaired. (Blades didn't move)

Last edited by opfor; 11-11-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added model number
11-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #2

The 107B is the first of the 300mm f2.8 Adaptalls. I have the later model 60B, which has internal focus and is supposed to be a tad better optically. The 107B was only produced for a year or so and is relatively rare. This might increase its value to a collector, especially if it is in good condition. I paid around $850 for my 60B, in mint condition, in original box with the 1.4 teleconverter. I have seen beaten up ones sell for as little as $350. I have seen the later 360B fetch $1,000 or more.

I'm not sure if the rarity value of the 107B is going to increase its value much, but my own estimate would be for $250 in bad condition up to $1,000 or more for one in mint condition.

I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred pounds for the one if it is as you describe, but you never know how things go at auctions!

Mike
11-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stringmike Quote
I personally wouldn't pay more than a couple of hundred pounds for the one if it is as you describe, but you never know how things go at auctions!
Mike
My thoughts exactly. I was just really surprised that as soon as I started looking closely at it that I had a little bird behind me saying, "don't even bother, that one's going home with me tomorrow". Then the other two started in on how they were going to out bid him. I've never even had that one happen at a charity auction, and the crowds at some of those are a lot more rough and ready, so to speak, than these guys were...
Personally, I prefer Pentax A glass, but it was something interesting to have a look at since they aren't that common...
It would have been nice to go and see how much it goes for, but unfortunately, the ones I was looking at didn't impress that much and something else has come up...
11-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #4

Original Poster
So 270 plus commission and tax comes out to some where around $600. Anyone here get it?