Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hi aSavings and welcome to the forums. You are certainly welcome here on the forums as far as I'm concerned. We also have a Helen from Adorama and Henry (?) from B&H here. It's always good to have more pentax dealers, to be truthful there's not a lot of youse guys around.
Where are you located? Do you have a complete line of Pentax gear?

NaCl(as 'they' say "thanks for coming" )H2O

11-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I believe ebay seller "asavings" is the old "HotDigital". I don't know why "HotDigital" no longer exists on ebay, but I have bought a new FA77from "HotDigital". They offered great deals on it and shipped very fast.
11-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aSavings Quote
I'm new here, so maybe my forum vernacular is wrong, but if "pulled the plug" means you opted not to work with us, I'm sorry.

I had hoped having a presence in the forum would encourage, rather than discourage, members to work with us. If you guys feel I was wrong to create an account, I apologize, but I certainly welcome your feedback on our membership.

I would very much like to learn why you feel we should, or should not, take a part in the forum.
Oh dear! No I was not meaning that... I mean that I just bought the DA* from asavings!
11-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, btw welcome to the forum! It great to have pentax dealers actively participating in "our circle..."

11-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
Oh dear! No I was not meaning that... I mean that I just bought the DA* from asavings!
Ubuntu_user, it sounds like you intended to write you "pulled the trigger", i.e. went ahead with the purchase... "pulled the plug" means you killed it/shut it off, i.e. didn't go ahead with it. Funny how two metaphors that start the same can mean totally different things.

aAsavings, glad to have you hear, I believe I bought a lens from you a couple of years back and was happy with the transaction.
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nater Quote
Ubuntu_user, it sounds like you intended to write you "pulled the trigger", i.e. went ahead with the purchase... "pulled the plug" means you killed it/shut it off, i.e. didn't go ahead with it. Funny how two metaphors that start the same can mean totally different things.

aAsavings, glad to have you hear, I believe I bought a lens from you a couple of years back and was happy with the transaction.
Yes, you're exactly right. I'll edit my post.
11-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #22
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user:
Hi aSavings!

I just ordered the DA* 55mm from you this morning via eBay. Can you confirm that I'll be receiving it before next wednesday (november 24)? I have a portrait session that I'll be doing and I'd really like this lens by then.

Thanks! And again, welcome to the forum!
Ubuntu, forum rules: I can't PM you (even reply) until I have more posts

Thanks for the business! Re: your question, shouldn't be too hard to check if I had an order number or some way for me to know which of our customers you are (unless the order is under the name Ubuntu_user)

Generally speaking, if the ship-to address is in the continental U.S. you should receive it before 11/24. But to be safe, PM me the order number and I'll double check for you.

11-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Wow! This is a really active forum! Thanks for the welcome guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
hi aSavings and welcome to the forums. You are certainly welcome here on the forums as far as I'm concerned. We also have a Helen from Adorama and Henry (?) from B&H here. It's always good to have more pentax dealers, to be truthful there's not a lot of youse guys around.
Where are you located? Do you have a complete line of Pentax gear?

NaCl(as 'they' say "thanks for coming" )H2O
NaCl, I like informal, so hi, my name is Lior (it's like Leo, but with an "R" at the end). I put a generic marketing@ email address when I registered so even if I'm away from the office, someone should see PMs you send and make themselves available for responding - so don't be surprised if I'm not always the one who'll respond.

Our offices and shipping facilities are in New York, and we're very excited because we're in the process of opening a second, brand new, and bigger, facility in New Jersey.

Yes, we do carry a complete line of Pentax gear.

QuoteOriginally posted by hyyz Quote
I believe ebay seller "asavings" is the old "HotDigital". I don't know why "HotDigital" no longer exists on ebay, but I have bought a new FA77from "HotDigital". They offered great deals on it and shipped very fast.
hyyz, that's right. We made the name change just a short time ago. Thanks to customers like you guys, our company has grown significantly since we first offered digital photography on eBay (Thank you!). The name HotDigital no longer encompassed all of the product lines we had to offer.

Rest assured, however, that photography is still the heart of our business and our core team of experts hasn't changed.
11-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ubuntu, forum rules: I can't PM you (even reply) until I have more posts

Thanks for the business! Re: your question, shouldn't be too hard to check if I had an order number or some way for me to know which of our customers you are (unless the order is under the name Ubuntu_user)

Generally speaking, if the ship-to address is in the continental U.S. you should receive it before 11/24. But to be safe, PM me the order number and I'll double check for you.
I understand. I had forgot about the PM thing... Anyway I just sent you another PM with the eBay item number and my eBay user ID.
11-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #25

RE: aSavings
I'd be interested in learning from Lior if aSavings in is an authorized Pentax dealer. Pentax USA lists Focus Camera, which has the same street address as aSavings (905 MacDonald Ave, Brooklyn NY), as an authorized dealer. Is there a connection between these two outfits?
11-19-2010, 09:50 AM   #26
Inactive Account

Harry,

Thanks for the call! They say "it's nice to put a face to that voice" when two people who do over-the-phone business meet, but you know what? It's just as nice to "put a voice to that nick"

Yes, we are an Authorized Pentax dealer.

Yes, aSavings is an online brand owned by Focus Camera. Hyyz mentioned earlier that our eBay name used to be HotDigital, and I saw that BigCTM pointed out that the brand is owned by Focus Camera in this discussion: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-r-forum/119232-good-deal-k-r-3.html
Sorry if this causes confusion, but chalk it up to growing pains.

And ABSOLUTELY YES, we'd love to have you visit our brick-and-mortar store the next time you visit... but when you do, please remember - size isn't everything (we're virtually big )

- Lior

Last edited by aSavings; 11-19-2010 at 09:55 AM.
11-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lior,

I received the DA* 55mm today! How cool! I'm totally in love already after taking only a few photos.
There's only one problem, it's got chronic back focus. I've adjusted the AF on my K7 to +10 and it's still BF. So, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to exchange it for another copy??
But aside from that, I just can't get over this lens. It's my most recent favorite!
12-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #28
Inactive Account

Harry,

You can exchange a defective item at our expense. Bear in mind that defective items are subject to inspection. If the item is not defective, you will be charged shipping and a re-stocking fee.

If you're not sure whether the item is defective, your best bet is to get in touch with Pentax directly and ask them to troubleshoot. That way you can be sure.

If you're ready to initiate the exchange, you can email our CS department, cs@asavings.com, or just message me here and I'll get the ball rolling for you.

- Lior
12-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bear in mind that defective items are subject to inspection. If the item is not defective, you will be charged shipping and a re-stocking fee.
Just curious on how thorough your tests would be for FF/BF issues? Would this just be mounting the lens to a camera and verifying that AF works, or would you be a little more intricate such as mounting the camera on a tripod and shooting something like a test chart?

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums!
12-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #30
Inactive Account

To be honest r0ckstarr, our tests will probably not be as thorough as you'd like. But that won't stop us from trying to do right by customers. If a customer insists that our inspection results are wrong, we'll give him/her the benefit of the doubt.

We would exchange the product, send the defective unit to the manufacturer, and open a ticket. However, if the manufacturer reports that the product is not defective, we would charge the customer shipping and restocking fees (including shipping to/from the manufacturer).

That's why I urge you to first reach out to Pentax and ask them to help you troubleshoot. That way you can be sure whether the item will be considered "defective" before initiating the exchange.

Thanks for the welcome!