Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #31

hi aSavings,
while trying to buy some lens from the website I keep getting the error message below.
I'm from Brazil so perhaps it's a region error?
tried to contact through website but got the same message.
please let me know when it's fixed.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

01-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #32
Inactive Account

rceberl,

Thanks for the notice. I've forwarded a message to our IT department to review the error message you saw.

The site should be functioning correctly. If you run into any problems whatsoever with it, please feel free to email cs@asavings.com and we will immediately get in touch to help you out.

Sincerely,

- Lior
10-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Yes, I have had dealings with this company. I purchased a camera for my telescope and as I live in Austarlia I was a little worried. However, I was amazed at how quickly the order was sent. Exactly what I wanted. I was very impressed with them.
05-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #34

Asavings is a Bad Seller !!! Don't Buy

I bought in 1st March and i don't receive my Item. The Seller fool me Don't buy

05-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ifredi2002 Quote
Doesn't Brazil have a really tough/long process for imported goods? I shipped a lens there and the buyer had problems with customs that took him over a month to resolve. Have you contacted your post office about the item? ASavings is a legit business for US and int'l buyers but they can't account for hang-ups in the shipping process outside of the US. If you're going to call them out, please provide more details - perhaps they could help you with your issue.
05-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just to illustrate, we bought a Kindle last year. Took 2 days to get from USA to Europe, then spent a week at Customs. Go figure.

PS Offtopic but can anybody enlighten me how the 'post' counter works? Are replies/quotes also counted?
05-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
Site Supporter

I bought a KX from them along with several items noit related to photography. They have been great to me.

05-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #38
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ifredi2002 Quote
ifredi2002, would you like to tell me more information about your order? Maybe I can help? You may PM me or send me an email to lciobotaru@asavings.com and I'd be happy to try and help if I can.

QuoteOriginally posted by GaryH Quote
I bought a KX from them along with several items noit related to photography. They have been great to me.
Thanks GaryH! We appreciate your business
01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #39

you have to first ask yourself

why has Hotdigital changed its ebay name to Asavings?

do a little bit of google searching and you'll find out. Fair warning!
01-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Did a little bit of google searching and I'm none the wiser. Could you elaborate?
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #41

when researching a company you don't know on google use thier name and past names if they changed them. include the words: reviews, scam?, ripoff etc... Check sites like ripoff report etc.
01-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Did a little bit of google searching and I'm none the wiser. Could you elaborate?
That'll likely be that person's first and last post, I wouldn't hold my breath for a response. Don't bother reading into what they said, instead read the rest of the thread and see what actual forum members have posted!
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #43

do what you want but, I'd research a company before making a purchase. found this site while doing research and this is the only one without negative feedback just thought you should be aware. but you can ignore the rest of the internet if you like as well.
01-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buyerbeware Quote
do what you want but, I'd research a company before making a purchase. found this site while doing research and this is the only one without negative feedback just thought you should be aware. but you can ignore the rest of the internet if you like as well.
You do know that you are allowed to provide links to other websites, don't you? Please enlighten us, show us the fruits of your research. My cursory search led to the DPReview discussion forum about an unhappy buyer ranting about buying a camera kit plus accessories only to find out the accessories turned out to be of mediocre quality and that most items were unnecessary. But then this sort of sales pitch has been around as long as human civilization has been around. Caveat Emptor!
01-27-2013, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by buyerbeware Quote
Well no offense, but I'd take the experience of actual long time forum members (including myself) over someone who searched the internet and decided to revive a 6 month old random forum thread. At any rate, welcome to the forum, what Pentax gear are you using?