Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I would be interested, for perhaps $200 split 3 ways on the assumption that out of 3 we could make 3 workable and relitively respectable.
I'm not at all confident that you could assemble ONE solid, lasting, fully functional lens from that collection of junk. And that makes the price about an order of magnitude too high.

11-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
jake.astig you've got a pm
11-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
can someone say something more about this lens?

SMC Pentax SMC-A 50mm F1.2 Special - eBay (item 330497697527 end time Nov-24-10 07:38:59 PST)

Thank you!
11-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Its been split off from the Pentax LX 2000 Special Edition. Now if only they made a few more every now and again, called it 'Very Limited' and offered a black version

01-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Its been split off from the Pentax LX 2000 Special Edition. Now if only they made a few more every now and again, called it 'Very Limited' and offered a black version
Yes, but I don't think it's any different than a regular 50mm 1.2 ... just a "collector's item" - so you have to be a rich Pentaxian to shell $2,000 for a $500 lens.

But it seems all the silver ones go for $2,000 and I have no idea who buys them or why.
01-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Those lenses saw very heavy use. Personally, I like to see lenses that have had a long and useful life where they took lots of pictures.
It's what they are for.
I used my Nikon F2s very heavily. It shot several dozens of weddings, several hundreds of portrait sittings, and also rode bandanna style with me constantly while I was motorcycling.
By the time I was done with it (I traded it for a Bronica ETRs, which to this day I think was a mistake...), the body was primarily brass with a few black flecks, all the anodizing was worn off the lens, the AE servo tag was broken mostly off and hung at an angle, and it had nemerous dents.
We had fun and I was able to keep the glass good. I did keep a filter on it most of the time, which would have saved it a few times for sure, but my cameras also had pretty high risk lives.

Pity about the cleaning marks, that really screws up a lens, and is probably what took them out of service in the first place.