Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
question for Roenterre - 3 macros

I am a lens junky and a macro junky. I may not need the DFA 100 macro much when the 200 macro arrives. Look at Roenterre and see that he has these macros plus a 125 Voightlander. Question is do you carry all three macros with you? If so why a 100 & 125? Could see two for the different working distances. Maybe I don't want to know!
thanks
barondla

Last edited by barondla; 09-23-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: requested
09-23-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi Barondla. Sort of having a busy day setting up my new desk top instead of having a surfing here.

I am not really a lens junky though

These three macros are really different!

DFA 100mm macro is really light, compact to carry. It fits well on the k10d and it gives off a punchy contrast to images. It is something to carry when weight is of concern.

Voigtlander 125mm macro produces amazing bokeh, creamy smooth and its colour rendering is of another world.

A* 200mm macro is definitely great but I only take it out in bright days. Though flash works well with this lens, the lens performs really well in natural light (rich colour and amazing bokeh).

When I go to a park reserve or a bushland, I would carry all the macros. You will never know what you need in the field.

I have been thinking to try out DFA and Fa 50mm for some time but I was a bit of guilty looking into taking more photos instead of getting more lenses. Resisting my LBA for few months now. hehe

Cheers

James
09-23-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

In future barondla you might want to use the private message feature
09-23-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This could be of interest for anyone buying a macro, however a different title would make it more search engine friendly.

09-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
suggest title for 'Macro Lens question to Roenterre and others'

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
This could be of interest for anyone buying a macro, however a different title would make it more search engine friendly.
I second little laker as the message thread is of great interest to me and perhaps many others.

The BEST feature in pentaxforums (my most favorable forums) is the ability to change a post after submission. Even the original title can be changed.

For a given post, use 'edit' to bring out the 'modify post' window, then look for 'Advance Edit' and you can change the title in the original post to make it a topic for general interest.

I am a great admirer and big fan of Roenterre for his outstanding pictures and LBA collection. And I actually adore the title and hence I retain Roenterre in the suggested title. Sorry

Thanks,
Hin