Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
success!

Mirror trimming is not necessary.

The way the lens is currently set, infinity focus is achieved at a setting on the lens at right below 2m which leaves plenty of room for the mirror. The mirror starts to tag the back of the lens when set to about 3m.

I will adjust the focus ring properly once it is not super cloudy out and also may want to use a tripod to help zero in what i need to set it at.

The aperature ring is currently being held in place with a stranded wire stuck in the channel where the original spacer used to go. If the m42 adapter was just a little bit bigger around it would be a perfect fit. I eventually may end up making a spring metal type thing to hold the aperature ring in place.

I also need to find/make something to extend the aperature linkage arm so I can use stop down metering. Ithink I have the m42 adapter mounted in the correct place for the metering to work - I used a k-mount lens as a guide for the positioning.

For right now, here are some pics of the lens itself. I will post pics from the lens once I am able to get some good ones.... maybe this Saturday.

Last edited by cyclone3d; 11-26-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: fix
11-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just thought of something. I might be able to add the spacer back in and get rid of the wire. I'll have to try it out and see how it works.