Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
It has been quite a while since I saw an FA35 in an actual auction, but I'll take your word for it that some have gotten the lenses that cheaply. Right now, and the last time I looked a few weeks ago for another thread, there are only BIN sales. The cheapest prices are around $400 plus or minus, but most of the prices are north of $500. Pentax FA35mm items - Get great deals on Lenses Filters items on eBay.com! I don't know whether anyone is paying these prices, but I've been seeing them a lot.
I'm not arguing with you, Gene. Just pointing out that recently anyway, the lens can be had (used) for the $350ish range. I've seen the $500+ asking price and think it ridiculous. Then again, I also saw a DA*55 asking of $900+. The FA50 f1.4, $515.. Completely insane.

11-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Jeff thanks for that Pixel Peeper link. I've been considering the DA 35 Macro for my next lens purchase and I think some of those images have convinced me!
11-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
Jeff thanks for that Pixel Peeper link. I've been considering the DA 35 Macro for my next lens purchase and I think some of those images have convinced me!
Cool! Another DA35 Macro in Michigan. Now I know who to contact if mine breaks ..

11-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I'm well aware of the new experiences through Macro. Problem is not everyone isc into it and you're comparing New (2.4) and Used (2.8 macro) prices - sort of unfair comparison. Also, I keep hearing that the Macro is great for Macro shots but soft for normal photographs.

You must never have owned a macro lens, they are some of the sharpest suckers around.