Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeztastic Quote
Yes it does, but I was wondering whether it's big enough. I am going to be using it with a K10D, and the crop factor increases the focal length. So - a bigger lens hood than the built in one? I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but that's why I posted in the first place.
Repeat after me: Crop factor does not affect the focal length of the lens.

The built in hood is fine. As long as you don't point the lenses at strong light sources, it won't be much more susceptible to flare than any other lens.

11-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As I stated earlier in the following link, I like mine over other 135s I have including an ST 135/3.5. Color, Bokeh & low light are plus.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/99057-135mm-le...ml#post1248873
11-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ultraviolet Quote
As I stated earlier in the following link, I like mine over other 135s I have including an ST 135/3.5. Color, Bokeh & low light are plus.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/99057-135mm-le...ml#post1248873
That's a nice photo, ultraviolet. It's certainly showing nice bokeh.

Incidentally (sorry to be indulging in a bit of thread-hijacking, jeztastic!) is your Super Tak 135/3.5 an early version (with f4 shown on the aperture ring)? I have one of those, and also find it performs poorly - just trying to find out if it's a bad copy or if they're all like that. (My S-M-C Tak is much better.)

Back to the Bayonet, I wonder if they're a "stretched" version (aperture-wise) of the ("mark 2") Tak 135/3.5 design? I say this because they're both organised as 4 elements, 4 groups, and it would make sense for Pentax's entry level 135 to be based on an existing design (but minus the SMC). If so, we should be expecting good performance, certainly when stopped down a bit.