Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote

(Upon further review, you have a Tamron 18-250 which I did not figure into the equation. You really have no gap, but in fact some duplication. Unless you really need 250-300, the 70-300 seems redundant).
I forgot I needed to answer this point... I actually don't much like the 18-250. Don't know why, no logic in it. I bought the 70-300 first and use it often, and about half my shots in the PPG were made with it. The other half with the kit lens and only one with the 18-250. Its a shame, really, I bought it as a go anywhere walkabout lens but instead, I have been leaving it at home and taking everything else with me, and my walkabout is now the DA35... I really should sell the Tammy.

11-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Its a shame, really, I bought it as a go anywhere walkabout lens but instead, I have been leaving it at home and taking everything else with me...
I hate when that happens...

I have a very nice Tamron 90 macro. Sounded like fun, but...I've never gotten in the mood to explore it.
11-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
I really should sell the Tammy.
... which gives you more reason to feed the LBA monster.
11-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Ira, that's not necessarily what the rest of us want to do, you know. Yes, I have a Mount Adapter K, and yes, I have a screw mount lens to use with it, but no, I will not ditch my zooms.
Isn't this forum about posting our suggestions, whether those suggestions are accepted or not?

Or did I miss something?

It's not actually acceptable for you to tell me to NOT make my suggestions because you don't agree with them.

11-30-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
... which gives you more reason to feed the LBA monster.
ohhh I want to, I want to! Sadly have had to stop work this month due to declining health, barely enough super to cover the mortgage (and its not through yet) and no income until/unless centrelink do the right thing with DSP. LBA will have to wait.

I've promised myself one more prime (15mm probably) and a K5. The K5 is going to have to wait until next year when whatever follows it appears (or until the price drops closer to $1000). Anything else is going to have to wait, as well. I'll be saving by pennies rather than dollars in the future, and will have to sell older gear to put towards the newer stuff. The thing is, I also have CBA and have a small collection of compacts and superzooms as well!!! I think I need to rationalise that lot

I guess photography is about the only activity I can still manage, so spending spare cash on camera gear is the most enjoyable thing I can think of to do, except get out there and take photographs
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've been dumping my primes over the past 6 months with absolutely no regrets. There are a few that I will hang onto, but zooms are far more practical and don't give up very much in IQ. I think you're on track with the 16-45 Ė tests have proven that the DA15 canít produce significantly better image. The DA15 is a nice piece of bling but other that it's nothing special.

Like you, if it were not for long history of SDM failures, I'd be more inclined to with a few DA* lenses. However the Sigma 17-70 is another worthy contender along with the Tamrom 16-5o. Both are very good and are backed up with a much better warranty.
12-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Isn't this forum about posting our suggestions, whether those suggestions are accepted or not?

Or did I miss something?

It's not actually acceptable for you to tell me to NOT make my suggestions because you don't agree with them.
yes the forum is about posting ones opinion IRA

and one must also remember that posters should be answerable.

Back in the K-5 forum section my friend you made this post

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by Ira
This is a biggie-- they're using the on-board flash and it fries the system, requiring shipment for service.

Pentax:

Anyone having to deal with this problem really deserves some satisfaction, in addition to super-expedited repair.

Like a significant manufacturer's coupon for a lens.

You have yet to supply any link or any reference to your claim of which I had asked for.... or maybe this is another suggestion we should either choose to accept or choose to ignore.

cheers

Neil

Last edited by nulla; 12-01-2010 at 08:49 PM.