Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Finally got time alone with my 50-200 DA - a few pics

If you read my thread about 2 weeks ago about me locating a Vivitar 55-210 Series 1, 3rd edition, you already know that I "settled" for the Pentax DA 50-200mm f/4-5.6 ED zoom when that sale didn't work out

. A few members in their usual understated manner advised me that it's "quite a good lens" for the money etc. etc. Thanks again for your input

My conclusion is, that I need to learn to read between the lines. I love this lens! I had 2 hours alone at a nearby park on Lake Ontario and shot a few pictures which are in my Photobucket album at:

truedavi - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope this link works, as I am new to linking and posting photos. I shot these RAW on my K100d and processed them in Pentax photo lab as a batch and tweeked the levels a bit in Shop. Most are uncropped because I like to try to crop in camera.

I'm having a bit of a time calibrating my screen gamma and do find that the photos are a bit "hot" or over saturated. Like rich food, great for a couple of bites but may get to be too much after a while. I have Bibble pro but haven't figured out how to get an acceptable conversion from .PEF. Seems like I just need a bit more time with it. Reviews say it's great. I find Lightroom has an overly complicated and somewhat obscure interface. But, maybe there too, I just need to clear the time to work through it.

Anyway, I find this lens is sharp (except at 200 extreme) and has great contrast and colour. Kudos to Pentax for making it so affordable too.

I hope my 18-55 doesn't accumulate too much dust. I've also bought a SMC Pentax 50mm-A 1.7 from Henry's on Ebay and should get that within a week.

Too many great lenses and too little time to use them.