Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ybo1 Quote
Interesting offering from Pentax but the price point for the lens as a standalone is a bit excessive....
Not so if you consider that it's WR. Nikon does not offer anything with that feature in that price range. Of course if you don't need WR it's a moot point.

11-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
thanks for review. very informative.
11-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #48
Forum Member

Франк,благодаря за полезния преглед на този интересен обектив!
12-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Checking distortion...

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
If you can't see those things in these pictures, then it really does not matter does it?
for Architecture/product shots...

Cameron

03-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #50
SPB

Thank you very much Frank for your review.

That is my next lens. I just bought the 50-200 WR and I am similarly pleased with the lens as you most certainly should be with the 18-135 WR. The pictures of the children close up portraits are especially good.

Is the zoom action positive and smooth, like it is on the 50-200? I think these two lens are winners.

You have some really good images there and as you said just quick test! Going to be fun as you get more and more used to the lenses.
03-26-2011, 05:36 AM   #51
SPB

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
Not so if you consider that it's WR. Nikon does not offer anything with that feature in that price range. Of course if you don't need WR it's a moot point.
I don't agree that it is a moot point if you don't need WR. If it helps to seal better against dust, then in my opinion that is a good thing for all of us. My first version of the 50-200 without WR lasted a very short time before I had dust on the inside of the front element of the lens. That annoyed me every time I looked at the lens, but of course did not affect the pictures. I doubt this will happen with my new 50-200 WR.
04-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #52
SPB

Enjoyed your review and I can confirm I also like this lens a lot.

06-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #53
Inactive Account

Very nice real life review. I like these much more then the geeky ones. I think the lens performed nice. Sharp and pleasing oof. The only think I noticed was the distortion at the wide end.
I look forward to trying mine soon.

Your kids are very beautiful by the way
06-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SPB Quote
Thank you very much Frank for your review.

That is my next lens. I just bought the 50-200 WR and I am similarly pleased with the lens as you most certainly should be with the 18-135 WR. The pictures of the children close up portraits are especially good.

Is the zoom action positive and smooth, like it is on the 50-200? I think these two lens are winners.

You have some really good images there and as you said just quick test! Going to be fun as you get more and more used to the lenses.
Thanks. The zoom is pretty smooth, but don't know if it'd have zoom creepy along the way. It's a common problem to most if not all mega zoom lenses ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Skog Quote
Very nice real life review. I like these much more then the geeky ones. I think the lens performed nice. Sharp and pleasing oof. The only think I noticed was the distortion at the wide end.
I look forward to trying mine soon.

Your kids are very beautiful by the way
Thanks. Yes, the kids are beautiful indeed, like their mom