Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Some info please

I was given a couple lenses a suntar 35mm f2.8 screw mount and a super albinar 28mm f2.8 they are both auto lenses and real good shape and clean. I know they are not as good as my pentax guys but for free. anyway is there a way to stop down metering with these. My camera is the K100d a real beautysold my d3000 for this camera for the fact I can use some of my old pentax glass Thank You Sorry for the long post

11-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
I was given a couple lenses a suntar 35mm f2.8 screw mount and a super albinar 28mm f2.8 they are both auto lenses and real good shape and clean. I know they are not as good as my pentax guys but for free. anyway is there a way to stop down metering with these. My camera is the K100d a real beautysold my d3000 for this camera for the fact I can use some of my old pentax glass Thank You Sorry for the long post
there is a modification you can do to the lens, to make it work in stopped down mode. Youo need to block the actuating pin in the depressed position.

see the modification below done to an adaptall auto mount.

I use a small cut spacer from the end of a ball point pen refil, put a slit lengthwise to allow easier instalation if you can't take the rear mount off.

11-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's weird because if I hold the lens up to light and press the pin the the shutter stays the same won't open or close what the heck they were free. Can't complain