Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax MX Questions

Hey, new guy here. Lots of great info, but I don't know much about this camera.
My dad gave it to me to sell if I chose to. It's a black body MX w/ three lenses, macro 100mm, 28mm, and 40mm. I know nothing about what it is or what it's worth. He has the original receipt from 1977 along w/ the manuals, removable flash, leather cases, strap, and so on. Can anybody help me out w/ the value? Camera works fine, last I checked the light sensor inside worked as well. Thanks for any help!

11-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tell us more about it. The Black MX is a bit of a collector item. MX's are fairly common but not black ones. Are the lenses Pentax? You can go to the review databases here at the forums

Pentax Camera Reviews - Pentax K-R, Pentax K-5, K-x, K-7, and 645D DSLRs - PentaxForums.com

Comprehensive Pentax Lens Listings - Pentax Lens Review Database

and get a pretty fair idea as to value.

11-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry, I wondered why my post didn't show up, now I know. My mistake. So I will need to repost in the for sale forum? Not trying to take advantage of your site, there is tons of great info here, just didn't know where to start for this camera. Again, my appologies. Next time I'll read my PM! I thought it was just an automated message, didn't realize what I had done.
11-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see you've paid your dues and become a site supporter but didn't I see this lot on Ebay already? Either that, or someone has an identical set, in Arkansas, With a 1977 receipt. You can list it in the marketplace for sale forum but the administrators kind of frown on running simultaneous listings. Why not see if it goes on the bay and then list it here if not?

11-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I took it off Ebay, I'd rather see somebody buy it off this site anyway. Plus I didn't list the macro zoom on Ebay. Thanks for understanding, now go buy my camera! LOL