Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Problems With Site Still

I tried to click on the main Forums link at the very left of the home page, and got a "Database Error."

So I clicked on the K5 Review forum, and it brought me HERE, to Lens DIscussions.

Adam et al:

You have my sympathies. And thanks for your efforts.

11-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I tried to click on the main Forums link at the very left of the home page, and got a "Database Error."

So I clicked on the K5 Review forum, and it brought me HERE, to Lens Discussions.

Adam et al:

You have my sympathies. And thanks for your efforts.
Me too. Usually when I get the database error, Nothing works. Couldn't get in last night after midnight, at all. Eventually, the entire site was reported as completely gone.

11-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There are still lots of issues- I had to go to bed after basic functionality was restored

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for the effort and sleeplessness ! I really didn't notice to be honest. But I didn't stay up that late.

Eric

11-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
Thanks for the effort and sleeplessness ! I really didn't notice to be honest. But I didn't stay up that late.

Eric
Well, Sometimes I'm up late and when the forum is down I have to try and find something else to do. C'mon Adam! Get with it and Get it together

(in case anyone is wondering...... sarc )

11-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The downtime went from approximately 11am to 7am MST- almost 8 hours! It was ugly to say the least, and these are still issues that need fixing, albeit fewer and fewer by the minute.

Also, I've found the cause of the earlier httpd segmentation faults (misconfiguration in PHP.ini), so no more blank pages!

The who major things we need to restore are memcached and my e-mail. Without the first, the homepage is going to be very slow, and the forum will load about 0.03 seconds slower as well. And yup, I'm e-mailless for now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The downtime went from approximately 11am to 7am MST- almost 8 hours! It was ugly to say the least, and these are still issues that need fixing, albeit fewer and fewer by the minute.

Also, I've found the cause of the earlier httpd segmentation faults (misconfiguration in PHP.ini), so no more blank pages!

The who major things we need to restore are memcached and my e-mail. Without the first, the homepage is going to be very slow, and the forum will load about 0.03 seconds slower as well. And yup, I'm e-mailless for now
Great! Next to the server not found errors of the past couple days (and the database errors) THAT, is THE most annoying thing about browsing the forum. A refresh usually gets around it but it's still annoying

11-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
Just noticed another issue.
I am trying to edit my 'For-Sale' listing and I keep getting the data base error?

Thanks for you work.