Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #1

Help please - is this lens K-mount?

Hi, I'm trying to identify the mount for the a lens (pictures attached). I *think* it's a k-mount, but I'm really not sure.

Can anyone help me out?

Attached Images

11-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It certainly looks like it. Take a look here for a good article on various mounts:

It also looks like it has the big shield on the bottom. Some off brand lenses have these a little too big to work on modern digital cameras although they work fine on film ones.
11-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It also looks like it has the big shield on the bottom. Some off brand lenses have these a little too big to work on modern digital cameras although they work fine on film ones.
Agreed--it would need to be filed down for use on a Pentax DSLR probably. It also looks to me like the the aperture lever is somewhat bent; I can't tell if it would be a problem or not.
11-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
Right, thanks for that.

I guess you'd need to pull the mount apart in order to file it down, has anyone had any success in doing that?

11-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks like a Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/3.5 (Version 1)? I believe that there are 3 screws around the circumference of the mount between the 3 K mount fins that lock into the camera and the flange that sits flush to the camera body. If I'm remembering correctly then loosening those screws should allow you to remove the aperture shield so that it can be cut down safely.

I agree that the aperture lever is bent and will almost certainly have to be straightened to work correctly. Be careful with cleaning the rear lens element; it seems to be very dirty.