Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone here fix lenses?

Anyone here fix or have any experience with fixing lenses?

I have an M100 f4 "macro" that works fine except the aperture does not "click" on the f stops, it just turns smoothly like the focus ring.
I also have an M28 f3.5 with the aperture stuck solid on f8 and it will not budge.

Anyone willing to give them a shot? If not I will just let them sit until I get nerve to FUBAR them myself.

Ray

11-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have a search for Eric - he's actually on the forums occasionally. He fixes Pentax stuff. If you were in Canada, I would send you to Vintage Visuals in Calgary.
11-28-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Get a quote from Eric:

Home
11-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone know I he would work on a Sigma Pentax mount lens? I will email him as well but figured would ask here. Anyone, use him?

11-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

i'm not sure about the m100 macro but if I recall correctly on the other lens I have taken apart. If the aperture dial turns without clicks then the leaf/spring is not situated properly on the lens body. It should be a relatively easy fix if you know how to take it apart. Think of it like a battery terminal where they springs hold the battery in place. Which you turn the dial the spring pops out and then sits in the next groove. If the spring is deformed or moved then it is always open and doesn't click into the next groove those turns like the focus ring.
11-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

"Anyone know I he would work on a Sigma Pentax mount lens? I will email him as well but figured would ask here. Anyone, use him?"

I have not used him yet but I am in process of packing and sending him a Pentax 200mm F2.5 and a Tamron lens to remove a damaged haze filter. He is highly recommended by many users here. Lots of Pentax experience. If the lens has any substantial value I would suggest pro repair. I like to do it myself too but I have no lens tools or spares much less any experience doing it.

If the Sigma repair looks complex you might try going to Sigma repair direct. It is my 2nd hand understanding they are pretty good
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Aperture ring w/o click means the ball bearing is missing underneath the ring. This can only happen because it was repaired before and the ball bearing flew away. No sure why the aperture stuck at f8 for the other lens but anything mechanical can be fixed.
11-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I have had Eric do CLA on a couple of camera and had him work on several Taks and FA lens as well and have no problem recommending him.