Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any touch-up paint sources for FA* Lenses?

The "other guys" have it, so I'm wondering if we have any sources for the special silver colored paint for FA* lenses? If not, would anybody else be interested in such a thing if I get a color match formulated?

11-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Unlike F* or Canon L white finishes which are rather thick, the FA* silver finish is very thin. Such finish can only be airbrushed, plus any metallic colour is particular difficult to match because they will look different at different angles and light sources. Any slight mis-match will be an eyesore. If you planned to strip the whole silver finish off and respray the whole lens then it would be a different matter. I personally would be tempted to try olive green though if anyone care to donate one.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
fa*, k-mount, paint, pentax lens, slr lens, sources