Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This question has been bugging me for sometime now, especially with the recent release of lens such as the DA 35 f/2.4 ( when compared to FA 35 f/2 ) and DA 18 - 135 , type of lens.

Fellow Pentaxians, it is great to read the great insights generously contributed by everyone.

12-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
I don't like to think of it this way. Even with an amazing shot... PP can help create the proper mood that the shot deserves to give it it's extra kick. I think a little PP goes a long way on evn the best shots.

Just don't overdo it .
Yes, couldn't agree more. This has made a huge difference in my images these last few months. I am finally learning how to bring out the best in a given photo through PP. Sometimes, even in a seemingly ordinary photo, there is a gem waiting to be discovered. Skillful, yet unobtrusive PP is as much a part of digital photography as is the camera itself (or the user), IMO. This forum has been an invaluable tool in helping me to learn these skills. I just wish Keitha McCall hung out over here more. To me, she is about the best there is at PP. Her images are nothing short of awesome.
12-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
Image processing may help you create images from nothing, but it doesn't help you capture images. Do you want to be outside taking pictures or do you want to sit inside fixing shots?
Why do you think PP means fixing rather than enhancing?
Do you want to master the camera, or master the image?
12-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Why do you think PP means fixing rather than enhancing?
I don't. If you look at my answer again, you will see I was answering the OP question and I was referring to the specific PP needed to compensate the use of a slower lens.

So, if you're doing the PP to make the blur of a 2.8 lens look like it's coming from a 1.4 lens, then you're fixing, not enhancing. You should have used a 1.4 lens in the first place, so you could just spend your indoors time enhancing the results you got from it.