Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

35mm f/2.4 lens COLORS

I see this lens is available in 12 colors, but it appears you can only get a different color than black by ordering a kit system. I have a white Kr
and would like the 35 in White. On eBay they are available from a Japan seller but at $322 they can keep them all.
Any info on US vendors that might carry this lens in colors?
Thanks,
FRANK

12-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Frank, Unfortunately I don't know either but I'll be very interested in what someone who does know has to say.

NaCl(white on white would be way cool)H2O
12-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I just bought a white K-r for my wife and would love to get her a white 35mm as well! I want to get her away from the green mode and the kit lens as quickly as possible
I'm suspecting that the colored prime lenses are Japan only, though.
12-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #4

yep, AFAIK, the coloured ones are for Japan market, only.

and, personally, haven't find another seller than the one on eBay selling them worldwide...

12-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
35mm DA f/2.4 lens in colors

The guy on eBay selling from Japan has slapped a stiff premium on the colors. I emailed him direct and asked for a price reduction. If you notice on eBay, you can buy the 35mm for $189.00 in black, free shipping. I may go that route, but really want a white one. I was very hesitant in buying the white Kr with white kit lens, thought it would look like it belonged in a lab or forensics dept at a hospital. Now that I have owned it for a little while I am really liking the white, it just has a different character, and the white lenses have a cool factor over black. I'll stay in touch with my research, I hope others will do same.
05-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'll be in Japan in July, hope Yodobashi will have the various colors. I am up in the air between the dark blue or brown. Of course if I got one, and probably prices are higher there, when I get back B&H will have whatever color I got for the standard price
05-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hey, ya know, I took a closer look at this, and these are selling for 24,800 yen in Japan

????.com-pentax 35mm f2.4-????

which google says is $ 307.1207 today. So the guy in Taiwan that is selling these on ebay for 339 + $49 shipping is not really making much. The shipping is high but the actual price is not much of a markup for his time and ebay/paypal fees.

05-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Now that's a way to fuel LBA!

All we need now is for someone to buy a complete set and do a comparative test to see which colour performs the best.

Kim
05-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EricT Quote
I just bought a white K-r for my wife and would love to get her a white 35mm as well! I want to get her away from the green mode and the kit lens as quickly as possible
I'm suspecting that the colored prime lenses are Japan only, though.
That is too bad. I though all the colors were available in the US,I guest I was wrong. I always like the black and I do not think I will change my mind anytime soon. Good luck finding the white one for a fair price.
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jjdgti Quote
That is too bad. I though all the colors were available in the US,I guest I was wrong. I always like the black and I do not think I will change my mind anytime soon. Good luck finding the white one for a fair price.
Thanks, I've tried asking several of the local shops with no luck. Not sure if the color is worth an extra $100!