Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I heard of a few isolated incidents that were made into a typical media circus. Hadn't heard about the frame problems, though. Despite the recalls and whatnot I'd still consider Toyota one of the most reputable brands out there.
Top Gear had a great segment a few years ago with an old Toyota Hi-Lux, simulating typical usage: running it into stuff, dropping stuff on it, submerging it in the ocean, putting it on the roof of a 28 story apartment block due for demolition and blowing up the building, etc. It fared pretty well.

To the original point, I think Pentax does what the OP suggests, just with cameras, not super-telephoto lenses.

12-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Top Gear had a great segment a few years ago with an old Toyota Hi-Lux, simulating typical usage: running it into stuff, dropping stuff on it, submerging it in the ocean, putting it on the roof of a 28 story apartment block due for demolition and blowing up the building, etc. It fared pretty well.

To the original point, I think Pentax does what the OP suggests, just with cameras, not super-telephoto lenses.
I remember that episode, even after the building demolition they manged to start it and drive it. pretty damn impressive actually, i wouldn't suggest pentax try that with a k5 though
12-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Well, the OP took a story about how Toyota is trying to attracting a younger audience, then went off in a tangent to turn it into a topic about how Pentax should be building super telephotos, which is the exact opposite of inexpensive to attract a younger audience.

Frankly, this thread hit the floor before the first post.

Now, off topic. I use Pentax because my experience with a Canon T1i was a disappointment. I mean really, does there have to be a "no flash" mode? Why can't I just bring the flash up under my own power when I need it or don't?

Put me off Canon consumer DSLRs for life, especially after using a GX20 and briefly a K-7.

I also suppose that if Pentax made cameras and lenses like Toyota (used to) make cars, I'd hope for MR2's and AE86's in lens and camera form. Not sure how that will work out, but it would be cool.