Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel_r Quote
I saw the thread title and assumed they were with the K5 sensor issues
Nice one

12-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Young people will not buy ludicrously expensive telephoto lenses. They will buy a cool camera to impress their friends. Sad, but true.

I take offense to that....

(obviously pentax is not a cool camera to impress your friends with..... at least all of mine think its some cheaper brand for people who can't afford canikon - partly true hahahahah)
12-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote

(obviously pentax is not a cool camera to impress your friends with..... at least all of mine think its some cheaper brand for people who can't afford canikon - partly true hahahahah)
exactly, my pentax cameras usually are met with sneers of derision from the young kids standin beside me shooting at shows (i love it when some twit with a digital rebel, grip and kit lens without OS sneers at my k10d with da14 or the sigma 24-70. their main advantage is ISO, recently killed by the k5. even funnier is when i take a film body to a show and shoot with manual lenses (the funniest was when shooting with my bronica 645 at a show a canon kid asked me how many megapixels it is, I told him what ever i choose to scan it at but 44 megapixel is easily achieved with the right scanner more if you have the best scans of course. his eyes bugged and asked me how much it had cost me, i said under a grand with the scanner lol)
12-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
even funnier is when i take a film body to a show and shoot with manual lenses (the funniest was when shooting with my bronica 645 at a show a canon kid asked me how many megapixels it is, I told him what ever i choose to scan it at but 44 megapixel is easily achieved with the right scanner more if you have the best scans of course. his eyes bugged and asked me how much it had cost me, i said under a grand with the scanner lol)
haha cool
you kind of showing them the other way, which is good

12-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanic Quote
haha cool
you kind of showing them the other way, which is good
the real reason i want a robot Kr is the reaction it will garner from the canikon crowd
12-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #21
Veteran Member

the real reason i want a robot Kr is the reaction it will garner from the canikon crowd
for this one I would go to Japan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmflores/4978697636/in/photostream/

Last edited by stanic; 12-15-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: forgot the link
12-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanic Quote
if it was a leica that would be real gold and it would be $30000

12-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I think if Pentax created a new lens named the FT-86G Sports Concept, that would be brilliant. I would definitely want to own one!

Jason
12-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If Pentax made cameras like Toyota makes cars, the metal frame inside the camera would rust out within a year or two.

Then once you start using the camera, it would not stop taking pictures.

Pentax would ignore the complaints from the users.

Someone will go public about their camera and how it never stopped firing pictures.

Pentax will blame it on user error.

Someone will get hurt because their camera wouldnt stop shooting pictures and they accidentally dropped it on their foot in a panic because it just wouldnt stop. The family sues Pentax.

Pentax will do a recall on all models with the problem and say that it was a poorly designed rubber hand grip.

The problem will still exist and go mainstream across all news stations. A huge deal will be made about it.

Some people will even fake the problem just to try to back out of their purchase so they can change systems.

Finally, Pentax will acknoledge the problem and do another recall to fix the shutter mechanism, which was built by another company to their specs.

Pentax will branch out and make a subdivision called Pion. These cameras will be uglier than the current brand of Pentax, have less performance, get more pictures per battery charge, and have a better quality control than some of their higher end models.
12-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
If Pentax made cameras like Toyota makes cars...
And yet my mechanic tells me never to sell my 16 year old Toyota.

I hope Pentax sends Christmas cards to Sigma, Tokina and Tamron to thank them for help keeping them in business another year. If they didn't make Pentax mount lenses Pentax would struggle more than they currently do.
12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

exactly, my pentax cameras usually are met with sneers of derision from the young kids standin beside me shooting at shows (i love it when some twit with a digital rebel, grip and kit lens without OS sneers at my k10d with da14 or the sigma 24-70. their main advantage is ISO, recently killed by the k5. even funnier is when i take a film body to a show and shoot with manual lenses (the funniest was when shooting with my bronica 645 at a show a canon kid asked me how many megapixels it is, I told him what ever i choose to scan it at but 44 megapixel is easily achieved with the right scanner more if you have the best scans of course. his eyes bugged and asked me how much it had cost me, i said under a grand with the scanner lol)
Not quite to the same extreme, but I being an average 16 year old walking around with a Pentax DSLR + something like the K 50mm F/1.2 + massive hood equal a lot of attention/2nd looks from the canikons.

Common questions include:

How many MP? (I hate this one the most of all)
Is it/Why is it all metal (the lens)? (very sad one indeed)
Is it fast at auto focusing? (*sigh*)
No electronics in the lens? WHHAAAAAATTT???????
why don't you use canon like everybody else? (I love to answer this one )

etc. etc.
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
And yet my mechanic tells me never to sell my 16 year old Toyota.

I hope Pentax sends Christmas cards to Sigma, Tokina and Tamron to thank them for help keeping them in business another year. If they didn't make Pentax mount lenses Pentax would struggle more than they currently do.
Yeah, not sure what r0ckstarr's on about. My '95 Celica is at 190,000 miles and still going strong. Runs like new, really.
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Yeah, not sure what r0ckstarr's on about. My '95 Celica is at 190,000 miles and still going strong. Runs like new, really.
My Ford is nearing 300k miles. I have been my own mechanic since it has had thirty four miles on it. I know the older Toyota's were quality cars. The 22R motors are what gave them a name in quality. Those things would run until the body rotted off and then keep on running.

I was just trying to crack a joke at Toyota's recent mishaps with their new cars. Surely you've all heard about the cars that wouldn't stop accelerating and Toyota tried to blame it on a rubber floor mat after ignoring and denying the customer complaints?? Or the recent trucks that had the frames rust out within the first few years?
12-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

I heard of a few isolated incidents that were made into a typical media circus. Hadn't heard about the frame problems, though. Despite the recalls and whatnot I'd still consider Toyota one of the most reputable brands out there.
12-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:

I consider myself young too Just not as young as I used to be (and me only 30...)

The younger crowd, as a market, is interested in being connected, being different (duh) and having jack of all trades tools. They are not, again as a market, interested in feature, tweaks, specs.

Does anyone know the processor speed difference between an iPhone and a Nexus one? Does anyone care? Nope. Just as they don't realize that a plastic non-focus lens does not match a prime DSLR lens. Or maybe they do realize it, but they don't care.