Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Well its been 3 years since my post . I got the pentax 100mm wr . I'm really happy with it . I have found out that not only is is great for close up shoots but for indoor sports as well. I have it on a K10d so the pictures are not as sharp as they would be on a camera that has better iso at higher setting like 800 or 1200 which I have found out is necessary for low light fast action photos . My K10d has a lot of noise at 400 and 800 So I could not get the sharpness I wanted out of this camera. . I found that you need 250 to 350 shutter speed to get a good sharp photo with out blurring for kids running up and down the court. So with my camera set at 250 and my lens at 2.8 my camera picked 800 most of the time for its iso. But the lens will work great when on the right camera for indoor sports. Here are a few shots .I'm setting about 8 rows up and just to the right of center court. I did crop pictures a little and I already deleted the original .but you will get the idea that a 100mm lens is good for smaller high school and middle school gyms . I picked a few photos from different corners of the court .Ill post some more pictures from this lens with out cropping so you can see original size of 100mm

Last edited by pentaxk10duser; 03-20-2014 at 12:25 PM.