Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Oh, and one other thing I'll mention about this lens if you get one someday....don't "freak out" like I did, if it sounds like a bearing has come loose, and is rolling around inside the lens. I thought I had gotten burned on a 2nd hand purchase, until I google'd it, to find out it's normal. I guess a bunch of the Voigt's do it, though my 58mm SLII doesn't

03-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #17

Thank you all for your help! =)

I've ordered a SL2 version now and i hope it will arrive soon (soon enough for easter etc.) =D

Alex
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parliament Quote
Thank you all for your help! =)

I've ordered a SL2 version now and i hope it will arrive soon (soon enough for easter etc.) =D

Alex
Congrats, the Voigt's are top notch! I love my Nokton, and the 90/3.5 is continually tempting even with the Bokina 90/2.5 in my bag. That Voigt's APO design is stunning.
03-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Wouldn't a hood stop that happening?
Only if you use a screwmount hood that fits inside the chrome ring (49mm filter thread), thus covering it and preventing light from being reflected. But not if you use the dedicated bayonet-mount hood, because it fits on the bayonet which is located on the outside of the chrome ring, therefore leaving the shiny filter thread visible.

Here's a picture showing the chrome ring at the front of the lens, with its inner filter thread and outer bayonet mount :

Picture Credit : Photozone.de

Cheers!

Abbazz

03-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
Only if you use a screwmount hood that fits inside the chrome ring (49mm filter thread), thus covering it and preventing light from being reflected.
Right, that's what I was thinking of.

QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
But not if you use the dedicated bayonet-mount hood, because it fits on the bayonet which is located on the outside of the chrome ring, therefore leaving the shiny filter thread visible.
Bad design. Glad they fixed it in the newer version!

For APS-C you could probably use a step-down ring to a 37mm hood on the SL1 anyway,
like the SL 2 design.