Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Pentax 1.7x adapter and DA* lenses - autofocus

Any users of the Pentax 1.7x adapter and DA* lenses?

I just got my adapter. I was under the impression (which can be wrong), that if the lens was already autofocus (e.g. my DA* lenses), that the autofocus would still work. I was thinking the adapter would just "pass through" the autofocus into the DA* lens, rather than trying to do focus itself, as if the lens was manual.

Am I doing something wrong here?

12-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The Pentax 1.7X AFA treats any autofocus lens as an A lens with manual focus.

Note that there is no autofocus "pass through" (mechanical or electrical) in the 1.7X AFA.

In fact, the AFA blocks the FL info from the lens to the body. Do you notice the camera asks you to enter the FL?
12-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, I did not notice the camera (K7) asking me to enter the focal length - I am running full manual though. I just gave it a try in green mode and program mode, and the camera did not say a thing. EXIF did not report anything.