Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2007, 09:36 AM   #1

adapter m42 to k10 (pics)

will this adp. fit a m42 screw type to a k10d?
is this the kind thats hard to remove with out a special tool?
will this type focus to infinity?
thx in advance
tc

09-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yes it will fit. No, this does not require a tool. It locks into the body by utilizing that slot in conjunction with the release pin on the camera. No, it will probably not allow a lens to focus to infinity.

See this link for the type that focus to infinity. They have no flange, unlike the picture you posted.

Kalt | Pentax K Body to Universal Lens Adapter | NP11112 | B&H

General Brand | Pentax-K Body to Universal Lens Adapter | B&H
09-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanks konra , i appreciate the help.

tc
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #4

Which would you recommend?

Hello Konra or others...

Which adapter linked above would you recommend? From other posts I've read, it appears some people have a problem with the generic adapters getting stuck in the body, while OEM adapters from Pentax work much better, but cost more.
Do you know if the two adapters linked above have this problem of getting stuck?
Thanks...jeff

10-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
Inactive Account

This is something I would not try and save a few bucks on personally.

I just bought the Pentax version for 35 Canadian. I haven't tried it yet on my camera, but I am sure I will get a kick using it with the 55mm f/2.2 Takumar.

10-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
This is something I would not try and save a few bucks on personally.

I just bought the Pentax version for 35 Canadian. I haven't tried it yet on my camera, but I am sure I will get a kick using it with the 55mm f/2.2 Takumar.

Did you purchase the Pentax version directly from Pentax or from a Canadian dealer? If a dealer in Canada, who was it? Thanks

CN
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
Inactive Account

The local photography store.

Here is their old outdated web site. I believe the contact info is still good though.

Camera-Craft
10-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chako Quote
The local photography store.

Here is their old outdated web site. I believe the contact info is still good though.

Camera-Craft
Thanks, Chako. I'll give it a try.

CN

10-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
roy
Inactive Account

i've got a kalt fromB&H, $18 delivered, and it goes on and off with a fingernail.
10-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stay away from Russian Cameras, Lenses and other optics
Russian junk.
10-12-2007, 09:00 AM   #11

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't recomend this for everyone but the lens I get and plan on keeping I use Loc-tite on to keep them on the lens, then I remove the spring from my Kalt adapters so they don't stick to the camera body. This way I have K-mount lens instead of screw mount lens. Like I said I don't recomend this for everyone. But it sure works for me.....I no longer have to move the adapter from lens to lens.

Dawg
10-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I was thinking of doing that Dawg, but I chose not to since my collection of screwmount lenses will probably be growing soon.
And there's no point in buying several adapters.
10-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I just got through modifying an old M42 lens to keep it from inadvertently unscrewing from the K10 body. I purchased one of the Bower brand adapters from B&H, removed the spring, and screwed it onto the lens. I then marked where the camera's locking pen was in relation to the mounted lens, and using a Dremel tool and a heavy duty cut-off wheel cut a small notch in the bottom of the lens for the locking pen to fit into. This way there's no way for the lens to come off unless the button on the camera is pushed to depress the pin. I don't find it necessary to glue the adapter onto the lens, because when screwed on and finger tightened it's impossible to remove the adapter without using the tool that came with it. I picked this method up from another web site, and it works great. Just thought I'd pass it along.

CN
10-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clem Nichols Quote
I just got through modifying an old M42 lens to keep it from inadvertently unscrewing from the K10 body. I purchased one of the Bower brand adapters from B&H, removed the spring, and screwed it onto the lens. I then marked where the camera's locking pen was in relation to the mounted lens, and using a Dremel tool and a heavy duty cut-off wheel cut a small notch in the bottom of the lens for the locking pen to fit into. This way there's no way for the lens to come off unless the button on the camera is pushed to depress the pin. I don't find it necessary to glue the adapter onto the lens, because when screwed on and finger tightened it's impossible to remove the adapter without using the tool that came with it. I picked this method up from another web site, and it works great. Just thought I'd pass it along.

CN
What lens did you do this on? My Super-Takumars are too narrow and miss the locking pin. So I don't think this will work on those lenses.
10-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clem Nichols Quote

CN
I'm going to have to try that, as my Bower adapter just came in, and, I have to say. I am NOT pleased at all. The act of attaching it, screwing in a lens, unscrewing it, and then removing the adapter FILLS my camera with silver shreds from the adapter. I had to clean my sensor after the first attempt. I would like to try this to minimize the amount of cruft it leaves in my camera. (Also, when it came in, it had burrs on the threading, I had to manually file those off before trying to attach a lens or to the camera.)

Was hoping to try out some m42 lenses I got this weekend, but I can't change lenses in the field with this much stuff coming off the adapter, so unless I can get what you mention to work - it's K-mount only this weekend.

!c