Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HARTBLEI Super-Rotator Tilt Shift K or M42 mount?

For owners of this, any reason to choose K over M42 mount? I'm thinking the M42 might have more resale value in case it doesn't work out.

And any of you find 80mm too long for product/jewelry photography?
Looking for more DOF w/o using focus stacking...
And anyone use it for architectural landscapes? Seems too long for that.

12-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
M42 mount tends to "unscrew" when using the movements. Also, because of the not-strictly-standardized nature of M42, you could very well have a situation where, when fully screwed in, the lens is not going to be alingned perfectly, causing the shift directions to be off axis. Not something you really want.

80mm is perfect for product photography.

Not so much for architecture (esp. on crop sensor).
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks rawhead...have you ever tried the Mirex T/S adapter? I'd imagine the same issues apply with alignment?
Mirex Tilt Shift Adapter for M645 to M42 on Sony A900 Photo Gallery by Pete Ganzel at pbase.com

And the Zoerk MFS adapter probably has the same problem?
Tilt

Found a good writeup on the 80mm Hartblei here that I missed on my first round of searching:
jr-worldwi.de: Photography: Technic
Interesting that the mounts are silver on the K mount but shouldn't matter as much as the mount alignment :-)
12-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
thanks rawhead...have you ever tried the Mirex T/S adapter? I'd imagine the same issues apply with alignment?
Mirex Tilt Shift Adapter for M645 to M42 on Sony A900 Photo Gallery by Pete Ganzel at pbase.com

And the Zoerk MFS adapter probably has the same problem?
Tilt

Found a good writeup on the 80mm Hartblei here that I missed on my first round of searching:
jr-worldwi.de: Photography: Technic
Interesting that the mounts are silver on the K mount but shouldn't matter as much as the mount alignment :-)
Shouldn't be a problem with the Mirex or Zoerk, as they use bayonet mount lenses. One would hope that they're indexed correctly.

12-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote

I haven't had the chance yet to use the Mirex adapter, although I would love to. I have a Mamiya 80mm f1.9 and 35mm f3.5 lens lined up for just that purpose. When I get $500 to burn :-D