Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #1

Lens Profiles Realizations

So... since Adobe and Pentax released the lens profiles for Lightroom I've realized a couple of things that I think are worth mentioning.

1. DA 16-50 @ 16mm - Holy distortion

2. The amount of vignetting on most of my lenses at wide open apertures

For the first one, it's great how it's so easy to fix now.

For the second, I really don't mind how a lot of the FA Limited's vignette, but it makes me think that might be a part of their "magic". Being able to correct for this, crop, then reapply the vignette is nice now.

12-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree on the 2 point. The fast FA lenses show quite some vignette at maximal f stops but I rarely bother to correct it as I think it's part of the magical IQ these lenses deliver
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah lightroom also showed me how much my DA 40 vignettes.. even though I could barely see it before the correction. Turns out I like natural vignettes.