Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just picked up a new ebay lens..

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

So i only had a few hours left on this, so i figured i would throw a bid in on it...

It was $9.99 with $11 shipping.

Pentax PK F/2 50mm
Pentax PK fit f/2 50mm focal length Auto Nice - eBay (item 150536320631 end time Dec-26-10 11:52:53 PST)

Said to have no real faults. I figured for $20 it cant hurt, what do you all think? good price?

12-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by SlickYamaha Quote
So i only had a few hours left on this, so i figured i would throw a bid in on it...

It was $9.99 with $11 shipping.

Pentax PK F/2 50mm
Pentax PK fit f/2 50mm focal length Auto Nice - eBay (item 150536320631 end time Dec-26-10 11:52:53 PST)

Said to have no real faults. I figured for $20 it cant hurt, what do you all think? good price?
The "Auto" doesn't really mean anything, it's the equivalent of a Pentax-M lens. It's a fully manual lens, gotta set shutter speed and aperture... I think it's nice and even better for $20. You will have made a great deal if it produces nice sharp pics, colors, contrast and of course, bokeh or most important, if it makes you happy...

Good luck, Have fun!!!
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Considering I wasted that much on Avatar, looks like a great price to me .

It's basically this lens:

Rikoh Rikenon P 50mm F2 Lens Reviews - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database

congrats and have fun
12-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cool. I figured for $20 I couldn't go wrong. I knew going in that everything is manual, but it will be fun to play around with

12-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a basic rule-of-thumb (ROT) for evaluating unfamiliar lens prices: If it costs less than a good sandwich or burger, buy it. If it costs more than a large pizza, don't. This ROT has saved me from too many hamburgers and thus is good for my health.
01-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #6

Beware some PK's don't fit DSLRs some don't come off

Not sure which pentax you have but I think some PK's get stuck. I went to a photo store and they had to have the lens & camera sent to factory to remove.
01-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #7

Hehe, a Sears lens, I have one of those, no Ricoh pin on it.

P.S. The lens is crap btw.

01-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Crap in relation to what? The guy sent me money back due to delayed shipping. So for like $13 it can't hurt. Even if it end up as a sacrificial lens.

Are there really many problems with then sticking? That's the only thing I would be worried about.
01-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
Inactive Account

[quote=SlickYamaha;1328635]Crap in relation to what? The guy sent me money back due to delayed shipping. So for like $13 it can't hurt. Even if it end up as a sacrificial lens.

Are there really many problems with then sticking? That's the only thing I would be worried about.

01-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have the Kx, are there many issues? I may end up selling the thing before I even mount it lol. You all have me scared now...

QuoteOriginally posted by Frudesappy Quote
Not sure which pentax you have but I think some PK's get stuck. I went to a photo store and they had to have the lens & camera sent to factory to remove.
01-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
Inactive Account

[quote=SlickYamaha;1328753]I have the Kx, are there many issues? I may end up selling the thing before I even mount it lol. You all have me scared now...

01-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The dreaded Ricoh pin

SY,
Our very own Robin Parmar has an article on his blog dealing with everything you need to know about the infamous Ricoh pin. What it is, where it is, what to do if your lens gets stuck and how to remove the pin.
All you ever need to know about the ricoh pin

NaCl(congrats on your find and I hope its a great lens!)H2O
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have the Kx, are there many issues? I may end up selling the thing before I even mount it lol. You all have me scared now...

Swyped on my DROID X using TapaTalk.
The only k-mount lenses that have the "Ricoh" pin are non-pentax lenses with the A or P (Ricoh) setting. This lens is straight PK so it does not have that setting so there is no "Ricoh" pin. Ricoh had automatic aperture before Pentax did, so the contact is in a different location. Pentax just happened to chose almost the same location for the AF screw drive.

If a lens does have the A setting look at the mount. The "Richoh" pin is at 6 o'clock from the mounting mark. Older lenses have a lens that might get stuck. Newer lenses have a contact that won't get stuck.

Ricoh Pin - a set on Flickr
01-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #14

Cool. I figured for $20 I couldn't go wrong. I knew going in that everything is manual, but it will be fun to play around with

Swyped on my DROID X using TapaTalk.
Optically the lens might not be horrible, the thing is I was never able to get a sharp picture out of it due to very short focus throw. But for $13 way to go, if you bought the caps separately you'd probably pay more. Like I said, mine does not have a Ricoh pin, the people above pointed to a Rikoh lens so may be that's why those get stuck.

Here's what the lens can do wide open (forgot to change WB to tungsten):