Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Rikenon P 100/3.5 Macro 1:2 - anyone knows anything about it?

I'm being offered this lens but I can't find anything about it over the internet.

The only page that has some info is here however it doesn't help me much.

I don't have physical access to the lens so I can't test it so can anyone shed some lights here?

12-31-2010, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
I'm being offered this lens but I can't find anything about it over the internet.

The only page that has some info is here however it doesn't help me much.

I don't have physical access to the lens so I can't test it so can anyone shed some lights here?
It is most likely a version of the Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro lens that has been sold with or without autofocus in a lot of versions and under different names, including Cosinas own, Soligor etc. Pentax baught this design for their FA100mm f3.5 macro (though adding SMC of course), and I suspect that Ricoh did the same. They are all 5:4 lens solutions. Cosina built versions are known to be plastic and badly built buth with surprisingly good macro qualities.
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
It is most likely a version of the Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro lens that has been sold with or without autofocus in a lot of versions and under different names, including Cosinas own, Soligor etc. Pentax baught this design for their FA100mm f3.5 macro (though adding SMC of course), and I suspect that Ricoh did the same. They are all 5:4 lens solutions. Cosina built versions are known to be plastic and badly built buth with surprisingly good macro qualities.
Thanks for your insights, Douglas. Following your indication, I found this thread here that discussed about the Vivitar/Phoenix/Pentax 100/f3.5 macro which is likely the same as the Rikenon.

Thanks a lot!