Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Soligor 200mm 13 aperture blades?

Hi everyone ! I would like to use the expertise of so many users here to help me identify and learn more about one of my lens!

I recently purchased an old camera from a local guy in order to acquire the takumar 50mm lens that was with it. However, there was another lens in the package. The other is was this Soligor 200mm 4.5, with what I believe to be 13 aperture blades.

I was wondering if you guys had any information on it and what was your opinion of the lens as well. I would probably like to sell it here on the forum to someone that will use it more than me, so if you happen to know, approx. the value this lens may have on the used market, please chime in as well.

Here is an image of my lens. In you need more information, just let me know in a reply.

Thanks everyone

Karl

01-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
anyone knows anything about it ? I assume it's a copy of another lens, a tamron ? Vivitar ?
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That kind of looks like a T mount, and the lens looks about the right vintage to be a T mount. There are cheap T to K mounts on eBay.

Soligor also had T-4 mounts - if it has a rectangular block on the side with a chrome tab and something like O <- -> L that's a T-4. For a T-4, you'd have to find a T-4 to M42 adapter, modify it, then get an M42 to K adapter.
01-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Dave for your input but I realize I should have been more specific ! I currently own the lens and can confim it is a m42 mount. Today the temperature is OK so I will go out and test it out... we'll see how it turns out. If anyone is interested in the output, let me know.

01-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #5

Karl,
I think that what Dave was saying is that if the lens is not terrible, you can pick up a cheap Pentax K T mount to put on the lens. Just that much easier to use without the adapter.

As for the lens, good luck and let us know.
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

i've got the 35mm, 135mm and 300mm in that series of Soligor, and I quite like them.

The 35mm is nothing special, but the other two are good with the 300 showing very good results. But, it needs work !
It's a lens that you can't just point and shoot with, you need to find it's sweet spot and stick to it, and it likes a tripod. Possibly the 200 is similar?

There's a very good thread on all things Soligor over on the Manual Focus Lens Forum, and I'm sure nobody will mind if I post the link here.

The big Soligor thread!::Manual Focus Lenses

01-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Soligor 200/3.5 in M42 without a built in hood. It looks very much like the Takumar 200/3.5. It produces nice sharp images. It is #H672***

JB
01-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloydy Quote
There's a very good thread on all things Soligor over on the Manual Focus Lens Forum, and I'm sure nobody will mind if I post the link here.

The big Soligor thread!::Manual Focus Lenses

Thank you for the link, I have checked it out and it's really nice. I will post my lens to add to the discussion.

01-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My soligor 200mm 4.5 surely produces sharp picture wide open or close. However, the condition here are so poor that I can't really test the bokeh with something different than snow so I don't know yet. I will probably test it more during spring and decided then if I keep it or not. It is a little more compact than my 55-300mm lens, but I don't know about the difference in picture quality yet. We'll find out sooner or later!