Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Because we are the borg.. any hazard that keeps us from driving 20 miles an hour over the speed limit, must be assimilated.
It never fails to amaze me how a local who should bloody well no better will get in this kind of accident because they were driving to fast to stop. not to say there isn't the odd legitimate one where the moose (or deer for that matter) steps out in front of them with no time to stop, but that would be the exception not the rule

01-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Disney educated wildlife lovers tickle me.
The best story I've heard (from a reliable sources with the Highway Department) told me of a woman who retired from Chicago and moved along a rural section of a Kentucky highway. She planted a garden, but before she could harvest anything, the deer ate everything, including most of her prized flowers.
She called the highway department and angrily insisted they move the "deer crossing" sign a mile or two down the road, so the animals would take a different route.
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Kruger Quote
Disney educated wildlife lovers tickle me.
The best story I've heard (from a reliable sources with the Highway Department) told me of a woman who retired from Chicago and moved along a rural section of a Kentucky highway. She planted a garden, but before she could harvest anything, the deer ate everything, including most of her prized flowers.
She called the highway department and angrily insisted they move the "deer crossing" sign a mile or two down the road, so the animals would take a different route.

LMAO that's priceless
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #64
Inactive Account

uuh..I am also thinking about a the da300 or 200 or 60-250..or whatever the future offers..but I'm still really happy with the da55-300 and k-5 with it's incredible high iso IQ.

260mm f10 iso3200:

iso1600:

for me this is a very usable lens (at a very good price) with this camera-you have to be at the right place in the right time..I don't think any lens itself will make your results "pro"..

Andas