Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #106
Banned

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
You have a habit of misreading posters. I believe in helping people, so I'll give you another try. But you will need to try harder too--okay? Let's try again, very slooooowly:
Just don't fall over yourself condescending. I simply typed too fast. I said:

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
How can it then be a disappointment just because dpreview gave it a recommended rating?
when I meant to say: "How can it then be a disappointment just because dpreview did not gave it a recommended rating?"

BTW, the Pentax K-r didn't get a recommended rating from dpreview either. I guess that camera didn't really take it off either.

Adorama also says "This item is in high demand and supplies from the manufacturer are limited. Since we cannot guarantee that we will receive additional quantities in a timely manner we decided not to accept new orders at this time. Orders are filled on a first-come, first-served basis". B&H shows the item as "temporarily out of stock" and amazon shows it the same way - you'll only find it on amazon from third party sellers at a hiked price. To me this looks like they're selling all they can produce - that is usually a good indication of success.

Besides, and I'll try one more time in the interest of helping you, I did not say the camera has not taken off. Here is what I said. Try to read the sentence slowly, it might help you to grasp its contextual meaning if you do this--thanks.

Jewelltrail: Once the quirks are removed I suspect the camera will really take off.
So, you did not say the camera has not taken off, but you imply it has not really taken off. Are you saying something like "the camera took it off at a trotting pace, but once those quirks are nailed, we'll see it really gallop into the sunset"?

Those quirks will only be used as a pretext by people that weren't going to buy the camera anyway. Fixing them will make existing users happier, but it won't have a boosting effort on sales.

05-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Laurentiu Cristofor: BTW, the Pentax K-r didn't get a recommended rating from dpreview either. I guess that camera didn't really take it off either.
DPReview no longer evaluates on the recommended/highly recommended system, which is why they made a big statement, IMHO, when they flat-out refused to recommend the X100. No where in the review for the Kr do they say they do not recommend it--in fact they like it, & say good things about it.

Laurentiu, I apologize, but I have way too much to do to spend this much time discussing this with you. I did my best to present my point of view to you. If you can't see that the X100 would do better in the market with decent ergonomics & functionality, then there is no sense contiinuing. BTW, there is no condescending going on in here, at least not on my part.

I must move on out of here--good luck to you.
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #108
Banned

DPReview no longer evaluates on the recommended/highly recommended system, which is why they made a big statement, IMHO, when they flat-out refused to recommend the X100. No where in the review for the Kr do they say they do not recommend it--in fact they like it, & say good things about it.
Nowhere do they recommend the K-r either. They're lukewarm about it - this is how they end their review: "We're not saying you should pick any of these cameras over the K-r. Depending on your specific needs it might be exactly the right camera for you and won't disappoint you. In the current competitive market environment it's just not the easy pick that the K-x was in 2009." Doesn't sound like much of a recommendation.

In contrast, they have better things to say of the X100: "Yet despite all of its manifest flaws, the X100 is a camera that's become a firm favorite in the dpreview offices"

And as far as flat-out refusing to recommend it, they just said: "It's too flawed to earn our outright recommendation, but if you're prepared to tolerate its manifold foibles as the price to pay for its superb image quality, it's a camera you can easily grow to love."

Laurentiu, I apologize, but I have way too much to do to spend this much time discussing this with you. I did my best to present my point of view to you. If you can't see that the X100 would do better in the market with decent ergonomics & functionality, then there is no sense contiinuing. BTW, there is no condescending going on in here, at least not on my part.

I must move on out of here--good luck to you.
Please move on without apologizing. I never had the impression you were trying to have a conversation. You're just confusing commentary with conversation.
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #109

Photos: Gallery
I am a very amateur photographer but love it. My husband originally bought me the K10D and 18-55 lens so I would quit spending money at the portrait studios on my 3 kids. I didn't like how my photo's were turning out so my husband bought me FA 77 and I am super in love with it. I can even take pictures that make it look like a professional took the shots. The only thing is getting the full body and having to be farther away, thus the reason why I now need to FA 31 LTD. Anyhow, I love, love, love the 77 and the way it brings the subject forward to "pop" and how beautiful the blurred background it. I recently took photo's at a friends birthday party and posted the pics. People are emailing me asking if they can buy the file. I guess my point is, I love having a prime lens even though I don't really know what I am doing technically.

12-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #110
Veteran Member

The Sigma 85mm is out now for quite a while.
Any more thoughts about this matter?

If you had the money which one would you buy and why?
12-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #111
Veteran Member

wish Pentax would make something like this >>> NEW SAMSUNG 85mm F1.4 ED SSA i-Function Lens for NX w/ lense hood and UV filter | eBay

if Pentax/Ricoh rumors turns out to be true on considering making a FF camera, I can't see no reason why such lens won't be made or seem practical? considering that there are people here that are willing to invest or had already invested on 85mm lenses.

I'm kinda envious that Samsung even got ahead of Pentax on making such lens. and it does tempt me to consider buying the Samsung lens next year.

btw, does anyone know if the Samsung 85 optical design derived or identical to Pentax' 85/1.4 lenses?
12-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Yeah Samsung have some nice lenses coming out,
another one being a SAMSUNG 135mm f/2

WAKE UP PENTAX!!

12-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
btw, does anyone know if the Samsung 85 optical design derived or identical to Pentax' 85/1.4 lenses?
I doubt Samsung has the rights to use them.