Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #1

Pentax PK lens to Canon EOS adapter

I have several M lens for my ME Super and a few AF lens for my K10D and I would like to be able to use them, even if in MF mode, on my Canon EOS 650 film camera. I see on Ebay an adapter that supposedly allows such a usage but part of the description of the adapter concerns me. The description warns that "...the aperture lever on the rear mount of PK lenses may interfere with the reflecting mirror of EOS camera, (full frame camera), so it is recommended to remove the lever before use."

Is this normal and does it pose a problem, either with usage on the EOS or with the PK lens when reverting to Pentax camera usage?

Can anyone recommend another adapter that will allow fitment of Pentax lenses on a Canon EOS body?

Thanks.

01-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
for APS-C size EOS camera, you shouldn't have any problems except for lenses with a recessed element which could hit the mirror. for full-frame eos, it can pose a problem.

some people I heard removed the lever by disassembling it and the rear guard lever then keep the parts inorder to be used again for Pentax used. I don't advise you to cut, shave those as it is sin to do so.
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Pentaxor. I imagine the EOS650 is NOT a full frame camera (although I am not that familiar with the species) and the Pentax lenses are an M 50mm 1.4, an M 28mm 2.8, an 18-55mm kit lens for the K10D, and a DA55-300 for the K10D. I think I will try one of the adapters (appx. $22 ) as I like the Canon for film but don't want to invest in any more lenses specifically for it. I have several Tamron Adaptall 2 lens so I'll get an EOS adapter and be in business! Thanks again.
01-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The Canon EOS 650 is a "full frame" 35mm film camera...

01-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the information since I am not familiar with their designations regarding "full frame" vs. the alternative. If that is the case I think I will pass on using an adapter for the Pentax lenses, based on the cautions. Sometimes the prize is not worth the race!
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #6

Original Poster
My Canon is an Elan II, NOT an EOS 650...my mistake. Is that an APS-C size camera, which would supposedly allow that adapter to properly mount my Pentax lenses without problems from some lever?

Sorry for the mix-up, as I had not had the camera out for sometime and forgot the correct designation.
11-20-2011, 04:35 AM   #7
JoanaS

Sakar lens to canon 550D

Hello,

I need some help with an adaptor, I just got a sakar lens 75-300mm f4.5/5.6 Compact one touch macro zoom lens (for Pentax). I've been looking all morning for an adaptor to a Canon 550D, but I got confued with all Pentax k mount/pentax PK mount.
Is there anyway you could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joana