Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1

Help ID this lens??

So a friend gave me this old lens, it is a K-mount lens. It says MC Auto Zoom CPC CCT 75-200mm Macro 1:4.5

Is this a Pentax lens or aftermarket or what??

Any help would awesome!!

01-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It's after-market. CPC was a distributor of third-party gear. This Wikipedia entry mentions CPC/CCT. I had a couple CPC TC's floating around here somewhere. No, they ain't Pentax. I can't judge the quality of CPC lenses. Good luck!
01-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Pentaxian

This is for your reference
01-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
It's after-market. CPC was a distributor of third-party gear. This Wikipedia entry mentions CPC/CCT. I had a couple CPC TC's floating around here somewhere. No, they ain't Pentax. I can't judge the quality of CPC lenses. Good luck!
I was pretty sure it wasn't Pentax but I only have 6 months experience . A co-worker that had no clue what it was had it in a drawer for years and just gave it to me and it just so happen to be a K-mount, however, I almost threw it away cause I seen imperfection on the inner glass. I took it home anyway and shot this photo, so, it seems like it is worth keeping around....

Attached Images

01-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by s.randy Quote
I was pretty sure it wasn't Pentax but I only have 6 months experience .
Nice shot!

There's a simple way to tell if it's a Pentax lens: If the inscription with focal length and aperture info includes ASAHI, PENTAX, TAKUMAR, and/or SMC, then it's a Pentax lens. If not, then it ain't.
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nice shot!

There's a simple way to tell if it's a Pentax lens: If the inscription with focal length and aperture info includes ASAHI, PENTAX, TAKUMAR, and/or SMC, then it's a Pentax lens. If not, then it ain't.
Thanks!